Spring 2015 Kotei Fiction - Day 4

For discussions on official fictions and fan-fictions alike.
SpookyElectric
Nikutai

Re: Spring 2015 Kotei Fiction - Day 4

Postby SpookyElectric » Sun May 17, 2015 9:33 am

Former Story Team - Doji Tanitsu WC '07 - Doji Rinji WC '09 - GM Tenjin WC '12 & '14 - Sparrow Clan Advocate

kakita_hoturi
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby kakita_hoturi » Sun May 17, 2015 12:29 pm

I'll still think that he merely corrected the statue ^_^

Doji Azai
Chui
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doji Azai » Sun May 17, 2015 9:17 pm

Consider the possibility that the statue was not defiled by the cut. Would Lady Matsu have lived her entire life without a single scratch upon her face? A single scar or mark?

Daitsu was correcting it as he saw fit. Why he sought to do so with such antagonistic glee may yet be seen.

You'll probably see more of Shinichi and Daitsu. I will endeavor to show the two from varying angles. I would do that anyway because no matter how confident or cocky, showing that by itself would make them flat and boring.

They are Kakita.
C Thomas Hand
L5R Story Team (2015-2016)

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Mon May 18, 2015 5:56 am

If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Mon May 18, 2015 6:46 am

Why yes, it is insulting. Kakita insulted his enemies and rivals. That's a thing he did with regularity.

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Mon May 18, 2015 7:24 am

Real life Niten (allegedly) was invented by Myamoto Musashi, based on his own experience on the receiving end of a "ninja" weapon: chain and hook or flail, I can't remember, which nearly killed him. From what I read (and I might well be wrong), he was most usually using his two hands on the katana, whether duelling or fighting normally. But in a couple of occasions, when facing really bad odds, i.e. a bunch of other swordsmen and fighters trying to kill him, he decided to use both katana and wakizashi to parry sideways against multiple opponents. So for him, it was in no way a duelling technique (all his duels were done using only one sword or a wooden stick) but a fighting technique for desperate situations. That technique was not just to use both swords, but also to run all over the place to minimize the number of opponents faced at any given time (by outrunning the slower attackers).
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

SpookyElectric
Nikutai

Postby SpookyElectric » Mon May 18, 2015 8:28 am

Former Story Team - Doji Tanitsu WC '07 - Doji Rinji WC '09 - GM Tenjin WC '12 & '14 - Sparrow Clan Advocate

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Mon May 18, 2015 11:44 am

Yes, and about Musashi being not so nice to his opponents, the same day he "invented" Niten, he also murdered a 12 years old kid, just to make a point. He is said to have had remorse about it... but remorse is cheap.
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

Marketeer
Nikutai

Postby Marketeer » Mon May 18, 2015 8:37 pm

Fred Wan
L5R Assistant Story Lead

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Tue May 19, 2015 7:16 am

It should also be noted that "politeness" and "courtesy" are not the same thing.

Return to “Fiction”