Thunderous Acclaim Part 1

For discussions on official fictions and fan-fictions alike.
MirumotoDaisuke
Shireikan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thunderous Acclaim Part I - 04/13/2015

Postby MirumotoDaisuke » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:21 pm

http://imperialassembly.com/news.php?news=113

In which portents are shared, and the betrayers become betrayed.
Dragon Clan • Artisan • Friend to the Crane • Samurai • Conqueror • Duelist • Kensai

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Thunderous Acclaim Part 1

Postby Kakita Shiro » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:28 pm

http://imperialassembly.com/news.php?news=113

In which a Fox and a Phoenix meet in a dream, change is forced upon the Spider Clan, someone encounters an Asako Inquisitor, and the monk Enomoto sees things.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Re: Thunderous Acclaim Part 1

Postby Kakita Shiro » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:14 pm

While I can say I did expect Jigoku's response to Kanpeki's unseating as Spider Champion, I did not expect Iweko I to have something to say about it so quickly.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:46 am

I like how the Heavens deigned to exercise its celestial powers directly to prevent honorable souls from being corrupted.

But if the Empress knew about Daigotsu's perfidy, why didn't she warn anyone about it?

...(oh! and is Onyx the vision she gave to Kozan and the reason for her picking him? just realized this now)
Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:52 am

I don't think Seiken knew everything his mother knew, which means he is a REALLY dangerously politically inept individual.

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:59 am

Indeed. I regret his terribly brash decision to so insult Kanpeki. Shibatsu would have warned him against doing something so antagonistic.
Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

Kakita Ijiwaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Ijiwaru » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:30 pm

Good to see that Spider wimp embarrassed.

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:37 am

It sort of makes sense. Seiken gambled at an opportunity to twist his mother's agreement to his liking. Kanpeki thought he had a counter to it. But Seiken's gamble payed off because: he was right and his mother knew about it.
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:31 am

I very much don't think "paid off" is how anyone is going to look at this in a couple months, considering Seiken is imminently going to be deposed by Kanpeki.

Asahina Dreamspoiler
Daimyo

Postby Asahina Dreamspoiler » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:07 am

Still waiting for Part 2 of this to see how it is all presented, and reserving judgment (and comment) on it until then. That said, I do hope Part 2 elaborates, and adds subtlety and nuance.
*I was Tonbo Kitai at Winter Court III*

Return to “Fiction”