Coronation - 2015-08-25

For discussions on official fictions and fan-fictions alike.
Martino
Taisa

Re: Coronation - 2015-08-25

Postby Martino » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:56 am

More importantly, this is the choice made by Jon Palmer, North American Champion. Winners get sprinkles. If people don't like it, they can try to win some tournaments and give their own direction to the story.

MirumotoDaisuke
Shireikan

Postby MirumotoDaisuke » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:59 am

Daidoji Tacticus wrote:- Lost face in the eyes of the new Emperor, who already has reason to dislike us (and oh, by the way, admitted to treason within hearing of the Crab Champion's brother).

Hida Kozan != Kuni Renyu
Dragon Clan • Artisan • Friend to the Crane • Samurai • Conqueror • Duelist • Kensai

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:00 am

Also Hida Kozan will probably be dead within the next couple weeks.

AsahinaD
Nikutai

Postby AsahinaD » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:14 am

Martino wrote:More importantly, this is the choice made by Jon Palmer, North American Champion. Winners get sprinkles. If people don't like it, they can try to win some tournaments and give their own direction to the story.

The idea that people shouldn't have an opinion on something because they either cannot win a tourney or, simply, because they live in a different continent would be frustrating, but I'm sure that you didn't mean it that way. Story line prizes should have both good and bad results, depending on the choice made, and this demonstartion of the effects a choice can bring is something I liked in the story. Otherwise the lore of the game would be compromised. Whomever the winner of the tourney was, he made a choice and good for him. No one in this thread judges him for doing it. It was his right to pick whatever he wanted, it's the story team's right to make the choice have both good and bad effects and it is everyone's right to comment on both.

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:35 am

The good effects are that we get to use explosives. Explosives are cool.

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:39 am

Martino wrote:Also Hida Kozan will probably be dead within the next couple weeks.

God willing.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

CCG Trades

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:43 am

Kakita Shiro wrote:
Martino wrote:Also Hida Kozan will probably be dead within the next couple weeks.

God willing.

God's wrath is nothing compared to a CCG player whose personalities keep getting bowed during the action phase.

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:01 am

Martino wrote:More importantly, this is the choice made by Jon Palmer, North American Champion. Winners get sprinkles. If people don't like it, they can try to win some tournaments and give their own direction to the story.

I'm not complaining about Palmer's story choice, I'm complaining about its implementation. His choice of Emperor's Gift was "the Crane receive Imperial dispensation to use gaijin pepper". The Story Team decided to implement that by having the Crane request that in a way that yielded nothing for them, and could not reasonably have been expected to yield anything for them.
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

AsahinaD
Nikutai

Postby AsahinaD » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:33 am

Daidoji Tacticus wrote:I'm not complaining about Palmer's story choice, I'm complaining about its implementation. His choice of Emperor's Gift was "the Crane receive Imperial dispensation to use gaijin pepper". The Story Team decided to implement that by having the Crane request that in a way that yielded nothing for them, and could not reasonably have been expected to yield anything for them.

The implementation of this story choice seems natural to me. What we asked was something, at least, dishonorable. We went there and said that we were constantly breaking the law of the Empire in the past and we asked for permission to do it again. Having in mind that no one knows anything about the Shadowlands threat at the time the story happens, the way it was presented and the outcome we got seems pretty right imo. Makoto couldn't really handle it differently simply because he was fully aware of what he was actually asking. In my mind it is a similar case with the Lion taking over the Scorpion's sacred lake. I hope/expect a lot of seppuku, even for Chizuki or Dairuko (depending on who is actually leading the assault), when the first Kitsu shugenja discovers that they entered a place where the soul of a kami rested. Bayushi is THE ancestor of a whole family that should cause quite a turmoil to the Lion because of their lore. In the same fashion, a Crane Clan Champion asking for the endorsement of the Throne in order to have a family keep conducting dishonorable warfare, shouldn't be easy for him and the clan. The good thing is that we know that Onyx is coming and gaijin pepper might be our most important weapon. It's not jade, but it can certainly cause more damage than the taint can regenarate.

KakitaKaori
Taisa

Postby KakitaKaori » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:35 am

Well, if they didn't do it this way, or someway similar, it wouldn't take many generations before we have everyone using gunpowder everywhere, or, well, guns. This allows it without quite normalizing it.
Kakita Kaori
Kenshinzen of Golden Petal Village and overly prolific fiction writer
http://craneclan.weebly.com/
[Kakita Kyoumi/WC5]

Return to “Fiction”