Calls The Lightning - A Clan Wars Era L5R Campaign

For discussions on official fictions and fan-fictions alike.
KakitaKaori
Shireikan

Calls The Lightning - A Clan Wars Era L5R Campaign

Postby KakitaKaori » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:02 am

This is the summary-style writeup for our Calls the Lightening campaign. It was run by my husband, Shannon, and covered the period of time for Clan Wars from the end of the Test of the Emerald Champion up to the Day of Thunder. He's a very talented and creative GM, and despite most of the players knowing all about the Clan Wars storyline, he really kept us guessing. There were differences compared to the CCG world, but they were such that, if a historian went back and tried to piece together the history, she would have very much ended up with the CCG storyline.

This follows the same game world and immediately after the Storm Breaking campaign I ran, running through the Scorpion Clan Coup to the Test of the Emerald Championship. The writeup for that campaign is here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=827

The characters are the same as were in the previous campaign, all now magistrates of Otosan Uchi:
Hiruma Izuko - Hiruma bushi
Mirumoto Kenuchio - Mirumoto Bushi
Moto Koshi - Moto Bushi
Asahina Ayame - Asahina Shugenja
Ikoma Neiji - Ikoma Spy

Game Background: It was the year 1126. Kakita Toshimoko had just been made Emerald Champion, and was desperately searching Satsume's notes and investigating in the palace to explain the unexplainable...that Doji Hoturi had sent him away to be ambushed by a ninja attack, then marched away without explanation, leaving no Crane to enter the championship. The Scorpion had been sent from the empire, but there seemed to be traces of their poisoned touch everywhere. Rumors from the south were coming that Hida Kisada had abandoned his duty the Wall and the Empire at disgust over Hantei's weak leadership, and were allowing Shadowlands madman to gather and raid the villages on the outskirts of Crane Lands. Some witnesses even claimed the missing Doji Hoturi was leading them. Our group of magistrates were some of the few left in a capital city that was falling apart.
Last edited by KakitaKaori on Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kakita Kaori
Kenshinzen of Golden Petal Village and overly prolific fiction writer
http://craneclan.weebly.com/
[Kakita Kyoumi/WC5]

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Calls The Lightning - A Clan Wars Era L5R Campaign

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:26 am

I look forward to reading this. I have only ever read snatches of what happened during this Clan War. The most I've read are from your own works.
Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

KakitaKaori
Shireikan

Part 1: The Fires of Otosan Uchi

Postby KakitaKaori » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:47 pm

The death of Seppun Ishikawa and the dispersal of senior city magistrates had brought the tensions in the city to a head. Most of the Crab samurai had completely abandoned the city, taking with them the long-running feud between the Jade Crab and the Obsidian Crab. Quiet investigation on the part of Hiruma Izuko revealed to her that those who carried the Obsidian Crab supported Hida Kisada and his desire for strength to unite Rokugan behind him, no matter the cost. The heart of support for the Jade Crab was as yet unknown, but clearly there were those in the Crab who disagreed with Kisada's priorities. But it was not the Crab that truly erupted into battle.

Ronin, once bearing the name Akodo, had been pouring in the city since before the Emerald Championship. Looking for work, for a return their rightful place, for purpose, for forgetfulness. They were leaderless and rudderless. The city was also teaming with Lion from other families, the most ardent followers of Matsu Tsuko who had competed, and lost, in the Emerald Championship. One night, Mai of the Red Cloud Yakuza and some of her bodyguards came to the magistrates' station in the Toyotomi district. She carried word that the Hojize district was aflame and there was open fighting and warfare in the streets. Families were being burned alive in their shops, and the violence was spreading to the edges of the Toyotomi district. She offered the service of herself and all those who followed her to aid the magistrates to end the fighting before more people were killed and the fire spread.

The magistrates took her up on the offer, and also rallied the able-bodied of Toyotomi to begin the fire-lines, led by Matsumoto Eiko, the minor-family leader. Asahina Ayame prepared healing for the wounded, while Hiruma Izuko and Moto Koshi scouted the Hojize and HInjaku districts, evacuating innocents into Toyotomi where they could and confirming Mai's observations. Mirumoto Kenuchio and Ikoma Neiji went first to the Lion embassy to plead with the Lion to control the Matsu samurai. They were abruptly turned away, informed that there had been orders from the Emperor that the ronin filth that were staying in the city had to be removed.

Wars between brothers always burn the hottest.

After regrouping, the magistrates decided to rally the ronin together and use the Red Cloud yakuza network of smuggler tunnels to get them out of the city before the Matsu could kill them. The Matsu ignored the magistrate's orders to stand down in the name of Imperial peace, and it took some time to make their way to the ronin, working with one of their leaders, Akodo Yobi, to help set up a defensive action that would allow the ronin to retreat. Mai's yakuza were able to reach many who were not yet under assault. It ended up being a long running battle through the streets of the city, but the magistrates were able to restore order, get the ex-Akodo out of sight, and disperse the Matsu before more were killed and more of the city was burned.

In a quiet back room on the edge of the city, the head of the Red Cloud Yakuza, Mai, met with the group of magistrates, Matsumoto Eiko, and Yobi and some of her fellow Ronin. Yobi was angry at seeing who was helping them, swearing that even if they were Ronin, they refused to work for yakuza or criminals of any stripe...they had their honor, no matter what the Empire might think.

The 15 year old, so young to be in charge of what was quickly becoming apparent to the magistrates a large criminal underground, shook her head. "I don't need you working for me. The Red Cloud serves itself...all men do, one way or another. But we are not blind. We can see what is coming. Disease and taint and war and death. None of them good for business. While all the clans play at war and bloodshed, no one is looking out for the people. You aren't willing to serve me, I understand. But I need the ashigaru. I need the heimen. The humble roots of the tree dig in the dirt, invisible to all, but without them, the tree will fall. Are you willing to serve them?"

Yobi was reluctant, and the magistrates were suspicious, but the Red Cloud did seem the best hope for maintaining peace, for now, and the best way to get the ronin to safety. Mirumoto Kenuchio offered, "You're saying Yobi should put together a ronin army to protect the heimen? It has no legitimacy. The clans would call this battle the start of a Ronin rebellion. That would make it worse for everyone." Ikoma Neiji, still feeling the weight of guilt about what happened to Akodo Toturi, shook his head. "Not if Toturi led them. There are many, even within the Lion, who think the Emperor was wrong to destroy the Akodo." He added softly, "Like me."

Mai smiled, her black eyes twinkling. "Done. I was thinking things are getting too hot in this city for a girl to do business any more. I do happen to know where the mysteriously missing Toturi the Black has hidden himself. And, so that you may trust me," she bowed to Yobi, "I will lead you and yours there myself. " She turned to the magistrates. "Don't wait too long to follow me. I was serious when I spoke of what was coming. You've served the people of this district well. You are hopelessly naive, but I find that rather...cute. I'd hate for something bad to happen to you."

The magistrates were torn, but Yobi agreed at the idea of discovering where Toturi had gone. The next day, the fires were out, the remaining geisha houses and gambling dens of any repute shut their doors, and a sullen silence settled on the city of Otosan Uchi. Any ronin who did not escape the city were killed by the Matsu, but most did manage to flee with the Red Cloud's help and intercession from the Magistrates where they could offer it. When that job was done, many samurai followed, disgusted at the Emperor's order and the way it had been carried out. The city just seemed more...dangerous now. Still, the Toyotomi district kept relative peace, hard as it was to win.
Last edited by KakitaKaori on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kakita Kaori
[Kakita Kyoumi/WC5]

KakitaKaori
Shireikan

Part 2: Answering Letters

Postby KakitaKaori » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:23 pm

One day, as the magistrates patrolled their district and its dwindling population, they received a summons, marked with the chop of the Emerald Champion. They immediately reported to the Inner City to meet with the Emerald Champion, Kakita Toshimoko. They were led to an inner chamber in the palace, a library room filled with maps and scrolls and all manner of correspondences and intelligence. The kenshinzen eyed them as they entered, scanning them up and down. He gave a weary smile. "Hah. I'd rather hoped it would be you." The magistrates made their obeisance and waited.

Toshimoko continued. "As you can see by this mess, I've been going through letters. Mostly not originally for me. Lord Doji Satsume received information from across the Empire. And Captain Ishikawa had much to say about the running of the city. And...one or two footnotes about you." He looked up with sharp eyes. "He was a trustworthy man. And he trusted you. Trust is a rare and valuable commodity, and not something that I can afford to waste."

Ayame bowed deeply. "You honor us."

A smirk twitched the corner of Toshimoko's mouth. "Few like the taste of my honor. Soon before he died, Lord Satsume received a letter from some barbaric spot in Unicorn lands. A...Moto Tsolmon..ally of his."

Moto Koshi stirred uncomfortably and Toshimoko cocked his head at him. "Ah...well...poor etiquette not to attend to it sooner, perhaps, but death has a way of doing that to the best of us." The Emerald Champion opened the letter. "The Iron Citadel, a cursed creation formed by one of the Black Scrolls nearly two decades ago, is crumbling, and the taint of the Shadowlands is erupting from the spot where it is standing. The Moto asks Satsume to send a trusted magistrate with experience with the Shadowlands to support the old Jade Champion there. Quickly." He shook his head.

Toshimoko folded the letter again. "News from the rest of the Empire is not good. The Crab have gone mad. They say Kisada's boy, Yakamo, the one who lost a hand during the Coup? Word is he has bound himself to an oni, and is on the march, and heading north. There's civil war within the Crab about it...but I suspect you knew." Izuko bit her lip, but Toshimoko pretended to ignore it. "Kisada himself is sailing to the capital as we speak. And the Shadowlands lies unguarded and pouring unchecked into Southern Crane Lands."

The magistrates glanced at each other, startled, plans to defend the city from Kisada already racing through their heads. Mirumoto Kenuchio couldn't keep the questions in. "Why aren't we mounting a defense? Recruiting magistrates?"

The Emerald Champion's eyes narrowed. "Magistrates where? The city is almost empty. But, no. That's not the reason." He pulled out one more scroll, this one of the finest and heaviest of paper, the gold seal of the emperor affixed upon it. "I have been ordered from the city. Sent to go and personally inform the Emerald Magistrates throughout the Empire that they will no longer be needed by the Hantei because of their failures in defending the Empire from the tainted Crab and the Scorpion beforehand. I am...assured...that my efforts in defending the capital are not necessary."

A horrified silence at the implications descended. Finally Toshimoko broke it. "There are a few pieces of old business I must conduct before I depart. This is one of them. Eiko?"

A door on the other side of the library slid open, and the humbly-dressed samurai-ko of their district entered and bowed deeply to them. Toshimoko smiled at their surprise. "Matsumoto is a very ancient family...related to the Imperials, rather than one of the clans, though mostly forgotten these days. When you are as old as I am, I suppose, you remember some old stories most people never knew. Her forefathers used to be commissioned by the Emperor to quietly watch the capital and Imperial staff for signs of Shadowlands corruption. They would combat any such forces they found there. It would be too..impolitic...for any of the great clans to discover such within the Imperial family itself. " Matsumoto Eiko blushed and bowed even more deeply. "That use...and that family...were conveniently neglected over the years. Taint in the Imperial household was inconceivable, of course. I believe your father ended up as a fishmonger to support himself, is that not correct?"

"Hai, Toshimoko-sama." Eiko was not normally so subdued, but it was understandable given the lofty company. "But we have kept our family traditions."

"Good." Toshimoko looked at the magistrates. "The Phoenix and Dragon have both withdrawn into themselves. Who knows what madness they're up to, and the letter from Tsolmon notes his suspicion of the Inquisitors. The Kuni are involved with this Crab madness and the Yogo are no more. I have no experts on the Shadowlands to send. But I have you. Matsumoto Eiko is versed in detecting and fighting the Shadowlands and its creations...as versed as anyone I have. You, I trust...you've held the locations of the scrolls and handled that dutifully. And I've read reports that you've dealt with more than one supernatural threat out there. I am sending you to this Moto Tsolmon, with Eiko as the experienced magistrate that was requested. Defend her. Take a look at the Citadel. See if the old Jade Champion has the evil in check, and deal with it if you can. Find out what the Moto wants. I remember Satsume speaking to me once about traitors in the Clans. It...was not important to me at the time. But maybe it can explain what is going on with the Crab." Toshimoko hesitated for a moment. "Or with Doji Hoturi."

He shook his head. "Bring me all the information you can gather. There is a geisha house outside Western Hub Village called the House of Dawn Lotus. If I'm not there, you can leave information with the okā-san. It will reach me."

The magistrates all bowed deeply to Toshimoko, agreeing, and prepared to leave, but he held up a hand to stop them. "No. Ikoma Neiji...not you. I regret, I must call upon your...other skills. I've been around a few years and I can see that you have training in...being a discrete observer. I need you to be a discrete observer. "

Neiji bristled at the implication, but didn't dare challenge the duelist.

"Don't worry." Toshimoko continued. "I would never cause you to compromise your honor. Eiko here has told me, with great appreciation, of what you did in the conflict between the Akodo and the Matsu in the city last month. This Mai...and sending the Akodo off to Toturi. I knew Toturi. I think he is an honorable man...at least he was once. I need to know what they are doing. I want to make sure that this Mai girl isn't turning them to some sort of strange yakuza ends...and that they don't decide they need to extract vengeance against the Empire instead of just leaving us all to rot on our own. I need someone I can trust to join them, and give me information about their movements. I mean them no harm. But I have armies enough marching through Crane Lands, friendly and hostile. I don't need the wrong armies tripping over each other and slaughtering everyone by mistake. Can you be this person for me?"

Ikomo Neiji, much more subdued, answered "Hai, Toshimoko-sama. I will join them."

Toshimoko nodded. "I will give you all Imperial papers so you may travel freely. Well, as free as any can these days. Good luck. Stay alive. Dead warriors can't win duels. And if you have to throw your life away...make sure you made it worth it." With a gesture of his hand, the Emerald Champion dismissed them.

By nightfall, they had parted ways and left the City of Otosan Uchi behind them.
Last edited by KakitaKaori on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kakita Kaori
[Kakita Kyoumi/WC5]

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:00 am

what fascinating reading!

So much senseless violence! And how suspicious for the Emperor to send his Emerald Champion away from the capital like that.

I appreciate how the Emerald Champion is doing what he can though, with what he has. May his efforts prove fruitful.

KakitaKaori
Shireikan

Calls The Lightning - Iron Citadel part 1

Postby KakitaKaori » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:02 am

The group traveled from Otosan Uchi, past Western Hub village (and meeting briefly with the proprietress of the House of Dawn Lotus, just for good measure), onwards through Crane Lands without incident. Their papers allowed travel without much issue until they reached Lion Lands. They met with normal border guards at the edge of Lion Lands, but it was clear that the Champion of the Lion had called up her armies...the villages were without their normal soldiers as all samurai were called to the muster.

It was nearing evening when the group reached a village and asked for a place to sleep. The ashigaru headman was terrified, and warned them that 'shadows' killed any who went out after dark, and none of the Lion samurai were around or able to help them. The samurai, mindful of their edict, decided to investigate. An investigation of the shadows after dark turned up a number of gaki, angry spirits, that were clawing the life from the living after dark. Matsumoto Eiko proved herself and they could see that her techniques were quite effective, using salt to bound the space the gaki could operate in, and her weapon, blessed with jade, to dispel the evil ghosts. Searching outside the village and following traces of the gaki, the party found a Kitsu shugenja who had been unfamiliar to them. He was using his magics to lock in place the spectral form of an ancient Akodo warrior. While the warrior writhed, the gaki tore into the ancestor. It was clear they wanted to damage or destroy him.

The party was able to disrupt the Kitsu and battle the gaki. Just before they could slay the Kitsu completely, he turned into a swarm of bees and flew away, stinging their exposed hands and faces before he vanished. The ancestor, in a mild, tired voice, thanked them and told them he was returning 'home' to his wife.

When the party returned to the village, they learned that the unmarked grave where the shugenja had been was rumored to be that of the fourth follower of Akodo, and Matsu's husband. The Kitsu had sought to weaken her by destroying the kharmic link between the two by corrupting the spirit, who had been unknown and not reverenced for so long.

After another nights sleep, they continued on, running into normal bandits and the like, but no other major challenges until they reached Unicorn Lands, and the Iron Citadel.
Last edited by KakitaKaori on Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kakita Kaori
[Kakita Kyoumi/WC5]

KakitaKaori
Shireikan

Calls The Lightning - Iron Citadel part 2

Postby KakitaKaori » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:06 pm

The village in Unicorn lands itself was unremarkable....a mismatched array of disorganized houses hunched with stiff walls against the wind. But, looming above the village, though at least a mile distance, rose the rusting, crumbling edifice that dominated the plains around it...the Iron Citadel. Even from afar the cold touch of fear lay its fingers on the hearts of the magistrates as they approached.

Before approaching the citadel, they first rode through the village and asked for directions to the home of the old Jade Champion. The villagers directed them to a somewhat larger home on the edge of town.

They were met at the door by a middle-aged Togashi. He wore his long hair in a graying topknot and his clothes were simple. The wakizashi he carried and the coiling of green and gold dragon tattoos winding around his arms told his family and rank. He introduced himself as Togashi Hachi. He begged their forgiveness, but the Jade Champion was sleeping, and he would take them to her when she awakened. In the meantime, he offered them tea.

As they knelt and he laid out tea for them, he explained the current situation with the Iron Citadel.

Ever since it had been unleashed by the reading of the black scroll by Iuchi Kyoru, it has been a source of evil in the region. Animals that strayed into it would come away tainted, attacking every living thing that came near. Men, the few who dared try to take possession of fortress, left as gibbering madmen after a few days. The Jade Champion had made her home here to keep watch over the Iron Citadel and make sure its evil did not spread and none may fall into its clutches. The village had grown up in the area around her to claim the bounties given for keeping away animals and people who might venture too near. Kuni Kotori used her spells and prayers to contain the corruption, or defeat any corrupted creatures who emerged from within. However, it was taking a great toll on her, more than he ever imagined it would. He was frightened for her.

The magistrates asked many questions, but Hachi did not know why this task was growing more difficult with time. Eventually, he stood and left to check on the shugenja. Discovering she had awakened and was willing to see them, he invited them in.

From everything they had learned, Kuni Kotori should have been a woman only in her mid-forties. But the woman lying under the heavy blankets on her futon looked as though she were eighty years old, her hair brittle and gray streaked with white, her hands lined with veins and her face worn with wrinkles. Her eyes were tired, but crinkled with a gentle smile. Her voice was similarly worn. "It is good to see that the capital is still responding with its typical haste." Ayame hastened to begin an apology, but the shugenja just held up her hand. "No, no. I understand. I am just glad you are here. I'm sure Hachi-san has told you want he could. He has taken such very good care of me, though I know he is being called back to the mountains."

Togashi Hachi modestly looked away, saying nothing. Kotori continued.

"I have fought the citadel for so long, I do not know if I am fighting to destroy it or fighting to keep it standing. But I have fought it, and I feel that my battle with it is coming to an end. Have you come to ward it? "

Matsumoto Eiko stepped forward. "I will do what I can with my wards....and to find out, if possible, what is causing the corruption to grow worse. I'm...not very skilled...at this sort of investigation, and I am sorry that this was all the Emerald Champion could send. But I swear I will do my best." She straightened. "Does the town have salt?"

Hachi nodded. "Hai."

"I will need probably all of it."

Kuni Kotori watched from her bed for a moment or two longer, and finally said, "I...think...I have been holding back a great evil from coming into the world. The scrolls are not safe. Tell him...Tell the Emerald Champion...that their power is coming forth. Tell him to be prepared...the storm is here. I see before me the flash of lightening in the distance. The full force of its fury will be upon us...with the sound of thunder. Tell him..." Her voice quavered into silence, and Hachi hastened to her side to soothe her.

"Go...go...hurry. Take what you must, but go!"

The magistrates hurried out of the Jade Champion's house and into town. Gray clouds rolled on the horizon. The magistrates dispe sed across the village to procure their supplies of salt. The villagers brought out all their precious supplies, driven by the magistrates' urgency. A line of villagers bearing baskets and boxes were bearing the salt from the village towards the Iron Citadel when Asahina Ayame froze, startled, her eyes wide. "The kami....beware....a spell!"

At that moment, a huge earthquake set the ground to rolling like a tempest tossed sea. The villagers and magistrates alike were knocked to the ground with its power. After a few seconds, the sounds of their cries were drowned in a thundering din, a wrenching of metal and crashing of stone. The air became nearly unbreathable as dust enveloped them, and they could see nothing. Though it lasted less than a minute the shaking of the land seemed to roll on forever. Even after they stopped and slowly climbed unsteadily to their feet, they could not see well around them for several more minutes due to the dust that hung in the air.

Once the dust settled and the samurai got to their feet, it was clear that the earthquake had been devastating. Instead of the hulking ruin that had dominated the skyline, only a pile of rubble remained. Turning back towards the village, it was clear that many houses had collapsed. The villagers all broke, running towards the village to retrieve their belongings and find the (fortunately) few that had not joined in carrying salt.

The magistrate decided to hurry and gather the salt they could themselves and carried it to the rubble, trusting the villagers to have the task there in hand and allowing no risk of something evil to arrive from the tumbled stones. Matsumoto Eiko surrounded the ruins with wards of salt and jade, and Ayame chanted her prayers. All the magistrates examined every inch of the fallen keep but found no trace of creatures of the shadowlands or the caster of the earthquake spell.

They returned to the village empty handed. Already the ashigaru of the Unicorn were preparing to move on, always far more nomadic by nature than the heimen of other clans. There were four pyres being prepared for nightfall...fortunately only those too old and infirm to have made it out of the buildings that collapsed. The magistrates reached the home of the Jade Champion...and to their grief, found that little remained. Togashi Hachi sat wearily before the ruins of the building. Behind it, the broken boards of the home had already been built into one last large pyre of its own.

The magistrates bowed to him in grief and respect, each offering their condolences. Hachi accepted their regrets stoically.

Asahina Ayame presided over the funerals of the villagers and the Jade Champion, calling upon the kami of fire to light their way towards their final rest. When the last of the sparks had dispersed into the night sky, they met with Hachi a final time.

He carried a small travel pack over his shoulder and a walking staff in his hand, preparing to leave. Before he departed, he spoke to them, primarily to Moto Koshi. "Koshi-san....I knew your father. I think he should be told of what happened here. It seems to me that this has to do with the journeys we undertook and the enemies we fought, long ago. My heart is too tired and grieved to tell such stories, and my Lord has summoned me back to him now my duties here are done. Tell your father, and he may be able to explain more. I cannot explain it yet...these are koans to me. Travel safely on your way back to Otosan Uchi. We always end up where we started, after all."

With that they shared a respectful farewell. It seemed at that moment that the journey back to Otosan Uchi had a long, long way to go.
Last edited by KakitaKaori on Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kakita Kaori
[Kakita Kyoumi/WC5]

KakitaKaori
Shireikan

Postby KakitaKaori » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:21 pm

As an aside:

Unbeknownst to the magistrates, Iuchi Kyoru returned to her lord, the mission she had begun so many years before, the mission she had waited for so long to complete finally realized. She had been too hasty, once....eager to be the one to bring about the Dark Kami's return. And it had cost her...cost her years. But she had been forced through the trial of patience, and had learned to wait.

The time had not been right. The scrolls must be opened in order. And the new Iron Citadel could not rise until the old had fallen and her mistake was wiped clean.

Hers was not to be the glory. No army would follow her her in service to her master.

But Yogo Junzo had finally raised the citadel to the glory of Fu Leng, and the path before them was set.

It was enough.

P.S. Please send comments and criticisms. Do you think this story sounds like something you might like to run? I'm trying to do these well, and it's kind of lonely to talk to myself.
Last edited by KakitaKaori on Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kakita Kaori
[Kakita Kyoumi/WC5]

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:13 pm

I have questions!

1. Why did they meet with the proprietress of the House of Dawn Lotus?

2. Villages being depopulated of their fighting class due to being mustered for war - didn't really realize that before. When samurai died in droves in the stories, there seemed to be no real repercussion to villages' security (except after the Destroyer War in Lion lands where a specific consequence from the metagame said that they were depopulated). Though I suppose this is also what happened during the Crusades.

3. The gaki were unable to attack people when they were in their homes? Light repels them perhaps?

4. An evil Kitsu! I don't remember encountering those in previous stories. Why would the Kitsu attempt to weaken an Akodo ancestor?

5. How large was the keep? I imagine warding it involves drawing a circle around it. That village sure does have a lot of salt, if ever. :)

6. Warding it meant that whatever was inside could not exit the ward, right? Yet the magistrates entered the ward to inspect the keep?

7. After the earthquake and the citadel had fallen, did the magistrates still feel "the cold touch of fear" emanating from it?

8. Did the party exert any effort to aid the peasants in their moving on?

:bow:

KakitaKaori
Shireikan

Postby KakitaKaori » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:39 pm

Kakita Kaori
[Kakita Kyoumi/WC5]

Return to “Fiction”