[ALitS] Kakita Ariyoshi (Crane Clan Personality)

What do you think?

Great
27%
Good
50%
Average
19%
Not for me
4%

Total votes: 26

Dare
Daimyo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [ALitS] Kakita Ariyoshi (Crane Clan Personality)

Postby Dare » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:17 am

Good fun

Lo P'an Ku
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Lo P'an Ku » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:37 am

The 1F is largely irrelevant. The only non variable(most of which will be much higher than 1) ranged 1 attacks are ashigaru spearman, moshi ikako and the non favor legions might ranged. None of which see extensive play, and two of which see almost no play. So a bump to 2F doesn't really help you as that's the general baseline for most removal effects anyway. At 3F you'd most likely be looking at a much higher price point than current, which is flirting very closely into the realm of unplayability.
No pathetic excuses! I smell the blood of human beings; find them! Boil them until their flesh falls off. You heard me!

Kakita Ijiwaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Ijiwaru » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:49 pm

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:26 pm

I'm not very familiar with the current environment, but I'd consider him for his High Chi values.
If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

Dare
Daimyo

Postby Dare » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:36 pm

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:21 am

I like the ability AND the Chi. Obviously, he will mostly see play in honor dueling decks. My main problem is that 8 GC is a bit much in an already expensive type of deck. On top of that, the reduction in cost is only if we play the "Progressive" allegiance. Is the DT pushing us to declare for Shibatsu, or what? Do we have card choices to use Traditionalist allegiance as well?
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

kakita yuha
Gunso

Postby kakita yuha » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:33 am

Well, at least mechanically the Progressive is very good for us, for honor dueling aswell.

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:38 am

I understand the mechanical advantage. I don't understand why we are pushed in a direction which makes no sense for us, politically and in story. We are a traditionalist clan, allied with traditionalist clans (Lion, Phoenix). The Progressive representative entire education is a slap in the face for us and an indirect insult to our Clan. Why would we want to be seen as progressive (in story)?
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

Asahina Shimato
Chui

Postby Asahina Shimato » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:59 am

While I can see why a progressive allegiance might be an interesting option for the Crane, I feel like the art on this guy is just way too much.

Obviously art direction went for something like "progressive artsy guy" but sadly they went with "21st-century California artist". For a game loosely based on historical Japan, there would have been so many better options visually transporting progressiveness. They did it perfectly with Otomo Suikihime's preferred fashion.

I rarely had a gut reaction that negative to the art of a card. The execution is flawless, just the art direction really went into a direction I really don't care for.

Asahina Kilava
Gunso

Postby Asahina Kilava » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:03 am

I never like giving the opponent a choice!

That said, the choice is pretty harsh, and the stats are good even if 8g is at the high end.

Return to “A Line in the Sand”