14%
Average
No votes
Not for me
No votes

Total votes: 14

DaidojiEric
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [ALitS] Tsujiken Sensei (Sensei)

Postby DaidojiEric » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:00 pm

It as if no lesson is ever learned.

Hida Shirin
Gunso
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Hida Shirin » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:44 pm

I think we can all agree, now that the kotei season is over, that Crab, Spider and Phoenix are the struggling clans.

This sensei is a step in the right direction to boost Crab, although mostly for Yasuki dishonour.

Meanwhile, it removes our military advantage (+1F) and charges us 1G extra for running our best military guys (i.e. non-unique samurai with battle abilities). Having said that, I still think military Crab decks should and will run this sensei.

If you still think this sensei is not fair and balanced, I don't know what is.

Granted, the Spider and Phoenix sensei look so much worse after this. That I will agree wholeheartedly.

kakita yuha
Gunso

Postby kakita yuha » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:21 pm

Crab could use some boost, sure, but this seems a bit over the top.

Dare
Daimyo

Postby Dare » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:25 pm

Hida Shirin
Gunso

Postby Hida Shirin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:07 am

One of 3 struggling clans got a boost it needed. And the other 2 didn't. Couldn't agree more.

Nonetheless, I stand by my statement in the main forums that the reason Ivory economy is so unbalanced is the loss of Bamboo Harvesters basic going 2nd.

In previous editions, Unicorn had 5GP + BK = 7GP going first. But Crab got 4GP + BK + BH = 8GP going 2nd. And things were reasonably dandy back then. Can you imagine in Hearthstone that the going 2nd player didn't get a card called the Coin? IMO a similar imbalance is happening now. The current B sides just don't cut it, end of story.

However, the bigger picture concern here is the design process and cycle. I am told cards are designed a full year ahead of release. This is probably why in this new set, it seems like DT has not paid attention to the woes of Spider and Phoenix. These cards we are seeing now were designed back in 2013!

OT, I am grateful we got this sensei. Our dead military theme needs some injection of life. And it is not like Yasuki decks were terrorising the kotei season post TCS either. Remember we also start 2nd to 5 clans, compared to Unicorn or Crane. A major distinction.

Let's wait and see if Yasuki decks dominate GenCon or Worlds. Then we can come back to this debate.

Lo P'an Ku
Nikutai

Postby Lo P'an Ku » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:12 am

I don't know how many times it needs to be explained that Comparing previous gold structures doesn't work. Unicorn had 7g but could only buy 1 card with box pre gold split. Chances of a 1:1g return on first turn purchases was simply not happening. 4g boxes didn't have it perfect, but a 4for3 off a standard box didn't leave an extra 1g unspent. Not being able to maximize first turn expenditures is a BIG deal. Relying on flipping a blank silk works over a recruitment officer? Seriously?

If people can't understand the cumulative benefit of additional starting gold by now...

Also, unicorn start 2nd to 4 clans. crab start right behind them. Quit trying to make it seem like the gap between 5th and 6th starting order is such a huge difference, even if that one clan above crab IS unicorn.
No pathetic excuses! I smell the blood of human beings; find them! Boil them until their flesh falls off. You heard me!

Dare
Daimyo

Postby Dare » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:26 pm

Hida Shirin
Gunso

Postby Hida Shirin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:09 pm

Dare
Daimyo

Postby Dare » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:52 am

50-50 against one of the top decks is pretty darn competetive

Hida Shirin
Gunso

Postby Hida Shirin » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:21 pm

Return to “A Line in the Sand”