[ALitS] Kakita Mariko (Crane Clan Personality)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What do you think about this card?

Great
10%
Good
67%
Average
24%
Not For Me
No votes

Total votes: 21

MirumotoDaisuke
Shireikan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[ALitS] Kakita Mariko (Crane Clan Personality)

Postby MirumotoDaisuke » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:22 pm

3F 3C
0HR 5GC 3PH

Samurai • Duelist

(Duelists win tied duels versus non-Duelists.)

Interrupt: After you Recruit Mariko, look at the top card of your Dynasty deck. You may put it at the bottom.

"The duel is a river, and we are stones in its current. We are shaped by the duel as we are determining its course. Death changes a person, don't you think?"

IvE1/IvE2
Dragon Clan • Artisan • Friend to the Crane • Samurai • Conqueror • Duelist • Kensai

Doji Honshingen
Chui

Re: [ALS] Kakita Mariko (Crane Clan Personality)

Postby Doji Honshingen » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:43 pm

No 4C Duelist so far in this set makes me sad, but this one is really good for her low cost.
Soul of Doji Honshi

gaijin
Nikutai

Postby gaijin » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:47 am

3F/3PH Duelist for 5G is really cool, plus she allows you to manipulate the Dynasty. Not exquisite or anything, but solid peep all the way.

Dare
Daimyo

Postby Dare » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:42 am

Shes ok. Not really space for her.

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Re: [ALitS] Kakita Mariko (Crane Clan Personality)

Postby Kakita Shiro » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:31 am

If she were 4C, I'd make room for her in a heartbeat. It's sad that we don't yet have any 4C non-Unique Duelists in 2014 Strict or 2015 Standard.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Togashi Jo
Gunso

Postby Togashi Jo » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:40 pm

Dat hair.
Here are my cards: ,

Kakita Isao
Gunso

Postby Kakita Isao » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:57 pm

She needed either 4C, a Battle ability, or another relevant keyword.
Samurai • Duelist • Tattooed • Unique

Doji Chord
Gunso

Postby Doji Chord » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:44 am

She's great. 3/3 duelist for 5 just what our dueling needs. It's clear that she would be better with 4 Chi, but DT seem to be affraid of 4 chi duelists and I ave to say, I understand them when they print more and more good duels (so are Weakness Exposed/COaaT and Eternal Chase make ~6 lethal duels in deck) spamming 4+ chi duelists would create abuse of dueling in no time. We just need to stick to what we have and forget about pure dueling deck that can duel everything.

About not having proactive ability... Duelist are to meant to have such. Duelists are supposed to issue challenges - there is no time to use their printed actions like -3F or Fear 3 - most of the time such abilities are simply wasted. But her Reaction, improving dynsty flow and gread gold/stat ration makes Mariko perfect duelist for crane decks (beside the fact that I actually prefer to play non-crane duelists for Oath of Fealty combo).

Return to “A Line in the Sand”