33%
Average
7%
Not For Me
No votes

Total votes: 45

Tokuan
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [ALitS] Tadanobu Sensei (Crane Sensei)

Postby Tokuan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:36 pm

I need to test it, but I'm afraid I'll have to agree with consensus - I think this looks better for military than honour. I'll try to test both honour and military with this and see which is more fun.

I kept turn by turn notes on my honour gains in my Kotei, and my honour holdings generally gave me 7-10 honour, speed me up by a whole turn.

I'd guess this gives roughly +2 honour per game from the trait (two refused Sanctioned Duels/Do not Delay! etc), plus roughly an extra three honour from drawing more cards. Still puts you a turn behind the holding deck - you'll need those extra cards to buy you another turn!

Maybe it could keep its honour running pace (and make use of the Stronghold) by using honour gaining attachments, although I'm not a fan of lots of these given unsettling gathering.

Ancestral Armor + Sparrow Clan Aides to make use of extra gold production? Latter drags down focus values.

Court Scribes for more honour from duels?! The scribe has some janky appeal and military decks won't gain much from stealing them, I'll experiment with it.
I was Kakita Haturo, Iaijutsu Tournament champion at Winter Court IV

Dare
Daimyo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [ALS] Tadanobu Sensei (Crane Sensei)

Postby Dare » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:13 pm

Doji Yoshi
Hatamoto

Postby Doji Yoshi » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:22 pm

Crane Clan * Hatamoto No.1 * Villain

Kakita Isao
Gunso

Postby Kakita Isao » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:49 pm

I like it for Dueling Military. I do not like it for Dueling Honor. Playtesting is required.
Samurai • Duelist • Tattooed • Unique

Asahina Kilava
Gunso

Postby Asahina Kilava » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:11 am

I'm suprized there's not been any mention of how much this improves Kakita Amiki for defensive dueling, especially if you manage to get 3 out!

Yes this does not make up for the fact you lose consistancy on the honor gains, but I do feel the dueling deck is more resilient to other military decks and has the option of switching into political decks, which is the clear trade off for being a turn faster.

Tokuan
Nikutai

Postby Tokuan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:38 am

Sadly I don't think it works with Amiki - she makes them challenge you. Happy to be corrected!
I was Kakita Haturo, Iaijutsu Tournament champion at Winter Court IV

Kakita Isao
Gunso

Postby Kakita Isao » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:44 am

DaidojiEric
Nikutai

Postby DaidojiEric » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:27 pm

The 10 honor thing makes me wonder how long other people's games last. This works into a nice honor engine, because if you get to kill them, that is more helpful than 1 honor anyhow.

Daidoji Reiji
Chui

Postby Daidoji Reiji » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:53 am

It is not as if honor was dominating Kotei anyways. I would have liked to have seen seen it just negate the stronghold bonus to honor holdings, instead of outright eradicating any honor from holdings
Crane Clan · Samurai · Yojimbo · Tactician

I was Ikoma Shinju at WC3, Daidoji Reiji at WC4
Top 8, Richmond VA Kotei 2015
Top 8, Charlotte NC Kotei 2015

Kakita Isao
Gunso

Postby Kakita Isao » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:25 pm

Return to “A Line in the Sand”