No votes

Total votes: 45

ObsidianCrane
Gunso

[ALitS] Tadanobu Sensei (Crane Sensei)

Postby ObsidianCrane » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:51 am

+0 PS +0 GP +0 FH
Crane Clan

You cannot gain Honor from Holdings. After another player refuses your challenge, gain 1 Honor.

Interrupt, :bow:: After you win the action's duel, draw a card.

"The duel is the one truth of the universe. Nothing is as pure as steel."

IvE1/IvE2

ObsidianCrane
Gunso

Re: [ALS] Tadanobu Sensei (Crane Sensei)

Postby ObsidianCrane » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:52 am

Probably my favourite card from our previews.

gaijin
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby gaijin » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:02 am

Great sensei, with no real drawbacks, apparently, as in the current environment you can't really consistently gain honor from holdings (always better to buy something, especially with +1GP). And this guy gains you honor just because and a card once per turn. The only pinch of salt I could add is that there's actually not many duels we run that can be refused apart from the Sanctioned Duel, so unless there's another lethal (or ortherwise worth refusing) duel out there, I'm not sure how useful the trait will be...

In any case, the best thing is that NO OTHER FACTION will be able to use him. Awesome !

Doji Honshingen
Chui
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doji Honshingen » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:27 am

The only thing i do not like about him is the artwork ;)
Otherwise, great for both military and honor dueling!
Soul of Doji Honshi

Foxtrot Four
Nikutai

Postby Foxtrot Four » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:30 am

It's that time again!

The Abuse List!
Sanction Duel - Die or give me 3 honor/4 if I have Thousand Year Rivalry out.
Do Not Delay! - Die or give me 1/2 honor and a Battle Action Bow
Way of the Crane - Give me 1 honor, +1F, and a Card, or 1/2 honor, dishonor, and go home [w/ Discipline]
Demonstrating Technique - Duel, if I win you dishonor and I draw 2 cards

I'm running Crane Scouts so looks like I'm running 3x Kharmic Strike now.. Dueling is now officially on the map with this guy.
Being a Scrub, One Day at a Time
Top 4 Crane - Seattle Kotei 2014

Kakita Takata
Nikutai

Postby Kakita Takata » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:48 am

Refusable Duels as of TCS

A Magistrate Falls
Do not Delay
Doji Hoturi InExp
Sanctioned Duel
Stand or Run
Way of the Crane

gaijin
Nikutai

Postby gaijin » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:00 am

Dare
Daimyo

Postby Dare » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:46 am

Good for draw in military.

Bad for honour. Without 9 honour holdings its not competative. You drop 10ish honour a game for 3ish.

Asahina Kilava
Gunso

Re: [ALitS] Tadanobu Sensei (Crane Sensei)

Postby Asahina Kilava » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:12 am

The sensei of my dreams!

I've been playing with and moving to military dueling: This is what I needed to see in our previews <3

The draw back I see, makes it easier for your opponent to focus you out, so you run out of fate deck faster. Need to see some nice focus effects to stop this happening! (Or go over 40 cards =/)

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Re: [ALitS] Tadanobu Sensei (Crane Sensei)

Postby Kakita Shiro » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:29 am

If there were more duels that were refusable, I can see this being better. Right now, when you do honor dueling WITH honor-holdings you win even faster.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Return to “A Line in the Sand”