[ALitS] Hanamachi (Holding)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What do you think?

Great
No votes
Good
67%
Average
33%
Not for me
No votes

Total votes: 6

MirumotoDaisuke
Shireikan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[ALitS] Hanamachi (Holding)

Postby MirumotoDaisuke » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:55 pm

4GC

Geisha House • Kharmic

(Repeable Limited, 2GC: Discard a Kharmic card from your Province and refill it face-up.)

This card enters play for 1 less Gold for each Geisha (not Geisha House) you control.

:bow:: Produce 3 Gold.

Every city has a red-light district. Those worth visiting have a "flower street."

IvE1/IvE2
Last edited by Kakita Shiro on Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Poll added.
Dragon Clan • Artisan • Friend to the Crane • Samurai • Conqueror • Duelist • Kensai

Qalyar
Nikutai

Re: [ALitS] Hanamachi (Holding)

Postby Qalyar » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:43 am

We won't see the Geisha until later in the preview cycle. Pretty clearly, this is a card you run if you're running a deck based on them, and that you probably don't if you're not. Kharmic 4/3 isn't awful, and would have been run on its merits in some arcs, but it's not up to the 1:1 ratio standards set in Ivory. Kharmic 3/3 is respectable, however (=Traveling Merchant), and if you have 2 or more Geisha on the board, this is just great.

Is there a deck there? We won't know until we see what the Mai-Star people do, sadly.

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:50 am

Imagine a Geisha Sensei?
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Qalyar
Nikutai

Postby Qalyar » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:01 am

I also always try to see if this sort of thing has Legacy/BigDeck applications. Here, not so much. There are two extant Geisha personalities (Hatsuko and Shosuro Tezuko), neither of which are impressive, and the weird gimmicky follower Kolat Geisha. Also, technically, Geisha Assassin briefly creates a Geisha personality, but I don't believe there's any way to make this card's gold cost relevant in the short time window before the created personality is removed from the game.

Lo P'an Ku
Nikutai

Postby Lo P'an Ku » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:27 am

Myuken: soon to be the prettiest geisha around. <3
No pathetic excuses! I smell the blood of human beings; find them! Boil them until their flesh falls off. You heard me!

Asahina Dreamspoiler
Daimyo

Postby Asahina Dreamspoiler » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:08 am

Poll please! :)
*I was Tonbo Kitai at Winter Court III*

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:10 am

If polls are no longer public-use, then we might stop requiring them. One can easily determine the sentiment toward the card by reading the thread, right?
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Asahina Dreamspoiler
Daimyo

Postby Asahina Dreamspoiler » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:16 am

Ah... Well I was just catching up on my preview fix and casting my votes and noticed some threads had them and others did not. This card is still a 'wait-and-see' what other Geisha come out.
*I was Tonbo Kitai at Winter Court III*

Return to “A Line in the Sand”