[ALitS] Contested Market (Holding)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What do you think?

Great
No votes
Good
100%
Average
No votes
Not for me
No votes

Total votes: 1

MirumotoDaisuke
Shireikan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[ALitS] Contested Market (Holding)

Postby MirumotoDaisuke » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:42 pm

2GC

Market • Port

:bow:: Produce 2 Gold.

Economic Open, 2GC: Choose a player with three or more Holdings in play. Give his target Holding -2GP (this turn).

"I've seen fish more fit to eat in a koi pond, you fraud!"

IvE1/IvE2
Dragon Clan • Artisan • Friend to the Crane • Samurai • Conqueror • Duelist • Kensai

kakita yuha
Gunso

Re: [ALitS] Contested Market (Holding)

Postby kakita yuha » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:35 am

I guess this explains the Colonial Market trait.

Qalyar
Nikutai

Postby Qalyar » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:47 am

Interesting. I am still not ... entirely sold on the viability of Colonial Market. On its own merits, though, this card is interesting; it makes sitting in a superior economic position into an offensive tool. Now, because you're playing this 2/2 instead of some more efficient source of money, you might have to work harder to be in that superior economic position...

But the biggest thing I dislike about this card is that it is strongest when punishing an opponent who has a less-than-ideal holding start. Ivory already puts the screw in gold screw far more so than has been the case for several years. Did we really need another card to press the theme?

Foxtrot Four
Nikutai

Postby Foxtrot Four » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:14 pm

so I'm now making an Economic Destruction Deck. Trade Embargo, Frost Dragon Festival, 3 of this holding, and my goal is to just rocket up the honor as fast as possible while denying anyone an opportunity to buy anything.

...OR, Crab Dishonor will play this and give you -6GP, then Shirai you, or wait for you to attack and Makoto you. There is so much in Crab Dishonor to make you pay gold and my gold scheme has been tight as it is. I'm NOT looking forward to seeing this card in the environment.
Being a Scrub, One Day at a Time
Top 4 Crane - Seattle Kotei 2014

Qalyar
Nikutai

Postby Qalyar » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:36 pm

Return to “A Line in the Sand”