[TF] The Esteemed Palace of the Crane (Stronghold)

46%
39%
15%
No votes

Total votes: 46

Hendrick
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Ivory 2 "20 Festivals" SH Previewed at worlds (Plus)

Postby Hendrick » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:54 pm

Not a huge fan. At the moment, there are not that many fate cards that provide honor gains and dynasty side only 3 holdings that do so. As it currently stands, bowing the stronghold to produce a gain of 2 is far to costly with out enough benefit. The New Order may change this, my first impression of this stronghold is that it is underwhelming and far weaker than any other clan's stronghold.

Asahina Kilava
Gunso
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Asahina Kilava » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:01 pm

chameshi.nampa
Hohei

Postby chameshi.nampa » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:09 pm

Himoto
Gunso

Postby Himoto » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:54 pm

While I have nothing against Crane military, I think a sensei is exactly where support for it should be, in a one-stronghold game.

Trying to make a stronghold that support both honor and military equally has two possible result: one is that the Crane dominant decktype end up being switch since it can take advantage of both sides of the stronghold ; or else the stronghold give such a generally useful bonus that benefit both military and honor alike that it's basically busted (see: pre-errata Ivory, Kosaten)

More to the point, while military has a place in Crane, making the stronghold equally potent for military as it is for honor implies that military is as fundamental to the Crane as honor. And that's just not the Crane. We're the honor clan, through and through, and that's what the stronghold's should try to reflect first and foremost.

Like I said, military support is best left to sensei, which better represent the sub-groups within the clans that are more focused on military matters.

Asahina Shimato
Chui

Postby Asahina Shimato » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:18 pm

I wonder what Sensei they will pair with that stronghold. It's like seeing only part of the puzzle. Most seem to assume that a Sensei will blank the stronghold, but I wonder if there is another way. Reducing family honor by a big chunk, for instance, so that the Crane start behind but will be able to catch up. (Kind of sounds like an Asahina sensei, now that I think of it...)

Doji Morou
Hohei

Re: [TF] The Esteemed Palace of the Crane (Stronghold)

Postby Doji Morou » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:14 am

Just imagine that there is a card, preferably a Personality, that can straighten your SH.
As it is - the SG is a decent back-to-the-roots card with no design imagination applied to it. But with reliable (or even situational) straighening it can be very strong. Now I want a Limited duel with "The winner gains 1 Honor and straightens a holding or Stronghold" effect )

Doji Makoto
Taisa

Postby Doji Makoto » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:19 am

Such stronghold. Very Crane. Much honor. Wow.
Now, I really want sensei with stronghold straightening :D
"I am sure this will be a most interesting year."

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:23 am

Based on the advertised art, it looks like this is the Crane stronghold in upcoming The Currency of War learn-to-play set.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Asahina Lugumi
Nikutai

Postby Asahina Lugumi » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:48 am

Roki
Hohei

Postby Roki » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:10 am

I like this SH more than the first. I want a top tier honor theme!

Return to “Twenty Festivals”