Ivory 2 "20 Festivals" SH Previewed at worlds (Plus)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Doji Ataka
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doji Ataka » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:34 pm

Taking from a post on the L5R Facebook group of someone who was there when they previewed the Ivory 2-Arc Strongholds (Ivory 2 is now apparently named "20 Festivals").

If true, they just pointed Crane said "Stop being military and go back to being honor runners". Since these will be the only SH legal for Ivory 2 Strict, Crane Scouts has lost some power as they lose the +1Gold for attatching.

The strongholds were previewed at Worlds. Short version:
Crab: Ability changes to a straighten action. IIRC If you went second you straighten the unit.
Crane: Ability changes to: if you control a personality, bow to gain 2 honor. Didn't catch the going second side.
Dragon: remains the same (but loses the out of Clan monk restriction and picks up a trait that sensei that blank abilities blank the ring fetch trait)
Lion: Remains the same, except the B side gets Tireless
Mantis: remains the same
Phoenix: Ability changes to let you recruit a dead personality and Proclaim them, plus gain an honor. If you go second, you can do this for 2 less.
Scorpion: Remains the sam
Spider: B side gets +1 PS and Fear 4 instead of 3
Unicorn: Stronghold only makes 4 gold on the first turn. Extra cycle on B side can now be used on any turn, not just turn 1.

That's all from memory so details may be slightly off.
58 mins · Like · 5

Also Previewed was a Legacy Holding, a way to stop gold screw, where if you have at least 16 holdings in your deck, you can remove one card from your hand and remove it from the game to search for and recruit (assuming paying all costs) the holding (3 for 3). We have our new Jade Pearl Inn if our big units get cycled out I bet.

We'll have official SH previews when the L5R crew get home from worlds around Wednesday.

We appreciate the enthusiasm, but next time please link your source. I have done it for you. - K. Shiro

Foxtrot Four
Nikutai

Postby Foxtrot Four » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:01 am

why does that phoenix box seem so obscenely good?
Me: I work my ass off to kill that dude that has a really good printed battle action.
Phoenix: ...that's cute.

I mean picture if Lion could constantly recruit Niito
or Crane, Gensei. I think this might limit phoenix peeps. ya know?
Being a Scrub, One Day at a Time
Top 4 Crane - Seattle Kotei 2014

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Re: Ivory 2 "20 Festivals" SH Previewed at worlds (Plus)

Postby Kakita Shiro » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:36 am

With a box that resurrects people, I would expect to see Phoenix Personalities (at least Shugenja) to be a little less awesome and more dependent on Spells. Sure, you can come back from death, but do you come back with all the toys?
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Doji Ataka
Nikutai

Re: Ivory 2 "20 Festivals" SH Previewed at worlds (Plus)

Postby Doji Ataka » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:18 am

They put up a slide show with the new Strongholds on the 6th Ring Twitch TV:

http://www.twitch.tv/6thring/b/577409383

So, B Side Phoenix Proclaims for two less gold AND resurrects dudes?

Return to “Twenty Festivals”