[TF] Kakita Ikura

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What do you think?

Great
14%
Good
No votes
Average
21%
Not for me
64%

Total votes: 14

Tokuan
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[TF] Kakita Ikura

Postby Tokuan » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:12 am

Not a huge fan of him, feels like a "waste" of a unique slot (very flavourful given his backstory, but I'd rather have a more typical Kakita in the base set). Dishonour players might be able to give a fairer opinion than mine!

http://instagram.com/p/zIfFb3jcRL/

Kakita Ikura
1F 5C
8HR 9GC 3PH

Artisan • Courtier • Cursed • Daimyo • LoyalUnique

Ikura will not attack or issue challenges and cannot be challenged from Iaijutsu actions.

Favor Political Open: Discard the Imperial Favor to make a target player lose 1 Honor.

"Such a charming, peaceful soul. But his music is so anguished..." - Doji Makoto

Onyx/20F

Edited to reflect entire card text. The whole thing or nothing! - K. Shiro
I was Kakita Haturo, Iaijutsu Tournament champion at Winter Court IV

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Re: [TF] Kakita Ikura

Postby Kakita Shiro » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:33 pm

So sad that he got 5C and can't duel. I guess it's to prevent easy Chi-killing? Not a fan of his 3PH; without the ability to duel, we're paying for a Chi stat that is hardly used. He could have been 4PH.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:36 pm

We getting a dishonor theme or something? Or is this a weird way to keep rival honor runners down?
If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

Doji Chord
Gunso

Postby Doji Chord » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:20 am

I like this Personality for art, story and whole fluff...
But from purely mechanical point of view it's useless unique that will never get out of album/box. Even assuming that crane will get suitable non-unique Personality base to build our in-clan dishonor deck (someone like Gisei form CE) I still doubt that Ikura find his place in such deck. He's dishonor personality with box+2 HR and requires huge IF associated tech to work. It's not what we need from dishonor deck Personalities.

kakita yuha
Gunso

Postby kakita yuha » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:45 am

I think we better reserve our final judgement, until we see what else is there. To me it feels his ability is good if we get some other cards that synergize (one unique doesnt make deck), and possibly amp these like Shizue/Nagori used to do.

Dare
Daimyo

Postby Dare » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:44 am

Ultimatecalibur
Gunso

Postby Ultimatecalibur » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:27 am

His power will depend heavily on the Chi reliance of artisan and courtier cards. As of right now he can effectively use both Battle of Wits and Beset from All Sides to maximum effect.

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:44 am

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Asahina Shimato
Chui

Postby Asahina Shimato » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:00 am

I find out remarkable that nobody commented on the artwork...

Return to “Twenty Festivals”