Not for me
No votes

Total votes: 10

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

[THA] Virtuous Victory (Strategy)

Postby Kakita Shiro » Wed May 20, 2015 11:50 am

Battle:
Give your target opposed Personality +2F. You may target an enemy Personality with lower Personal Honor; if you do give him -2F and gain 1 Honor.

Honor transcends the waxing and waning of politics. The Crane remain dedicated to ensuring that improper conduct is met with appropriate consequence.

FV 2

Onyx/20F
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [THA] Virtuous Victory (Strategy)

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Wed May 20, 2015 11:51 am

Oh, hey. It's that Makoto art!

I've played worse for 1 honor. Not a bad card, but not particularly exciting.
If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

Doji Chord
Gunso
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doji Chord » Wed May 20, 2015 12:28 pm

If I were to play force shifting card I'd prefer Pure Intent over this strategy.

MirumotoDaisuke
Shireikan

Postby MirumotoDaisuke » Wed May 20, 2015 12:55 pm

A 4F swing that needs two actions (or an action negation) to deal with plus an honor gain. Seems solid.
Dragon Clan • Artisan • Friend to the Crane • Samurai • Conqueror • Duelist • Kensai

Br'nn
Nikutai

Postby Br'nn » Wed May 20, 2015 1:39 pm

4 Force swing in the decks it should be played in with an honour gain. Overwhelming is a staple with a 5F swing, so this will at least get people trying it out. I could definitely see it getting some use in Constructed, especially in Magistrates.

Kakita Ijiwaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Ijiwaru » Wed May 20, 2015 9:30 pm

I will not write it off just yet.

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Wed May 20, 2015 11:08 pm

It's good for Magistrates (non dueling). It's not great though, because there are too many cases where its first part only can be used. Unless we can somehow boost our honor. ATM only armors do that.
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

Dare
Daimyo

Postby Dare » Thu May 21, 2015 7:28 am

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Thu May 21, 2015 9:45 pm

I agree with what you wrote in the other thread. But I found out the hard way that, unless you want to play magistrate dishonor (which I might do), in a honor deck it is difficult to balance the number of dishonoring sources and honor winning cards. Last week I played 3 x Small Time Bully, 3 x Doji Masachika, 3 x Test of Sincerity, 3 x Selfless Politics and 3 x Warranted Search (that's 15 dishonor sources) and I still did not manage to have enough peeps dishonored on my Lion opponent side to matter. He was rehonoring faster.
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

McMordain
Hohei

Postby McMordain » Fri May 22, 2015 2:33 am

Yeah, the problem is not dishonoring, but keeping them dishonored.

Return to “Thunderous Acclaim”