Great
38%
Good
24%
Average
10%
Not for me
No votes
I thought the Turquoise Champion was in charge of arts in the Empire.
29%

Total votes: 21

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

[THA] Turquoise Adunct (Strategy)

Postby Kakita Shiro » Wed May 20, 2015 12:22 pm

Invest 2GC: If the target is Crane Clan or an Artisan, draw a card.

Open: Permanently give your target Personality the ability, "Dynasty/Open, :bow:: Discard a card to produce Gold equal to its Focus Value."

"I am privileged to serve in this capacity. My efforts shall restore prosperity to the Empire and Colonies alike." - Doji Dainagon

FV 4

Onyx/20F
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [THA] Turquoise Adunct (Strategy)

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Wed May 20, 2015 12:33 pm

This.....might be the most significant card We've seen yet.

Free gold!

Well, not "free" free, but I'll gladly chuck a few fate cards in exchange for a crazy good economy.
If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

Dare
Daimyo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dare » Wed May 20, 2015 1:05 pm

Useless until turn 3 or 4. You get 1 or 2 uses out of this, costing you a card from hand every time. I'm not enamoured.

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Wed May 20, 2015 1:11 pm

I can use this to buy a guy T2 to start the honor clock early and still have money to keep my economy up on T3. Late game, I can invest it to get a free 2G and reduce my deck by 1. And since garbage like Absolution is becoming more and more necessary (especially with the event released today) I should always have a few cards to chuck at this.

Br'nn
Nikutai

Postby Br'nn » Wed May 20, 2015 1:37 pm

Discarding a card is a big cost, although "free' gold is never a bad thing. Ultimately, the investment is two Fate cards and bowing a personality to get that first 3 or 4 gold, and the question is if that's worth it for some gold acceleration? I don't think it is, but I could also see myself being proven wrong by decks built to specifically take advantage of it. We'll have to see what the creative types do with this.

Daidoji Reiji
Chui

Postby Daidoji Reiji » Wed May 20, 2015 1:39 pm

Path of Wisdom Works well with this card, means it may be any include in an deck that runs progressive
Crane Clan · Samurai · Yojimbo · Tactician

I was Ikoma Shinju at WC3, Daidoji Reiji at WC4
Top 8, Richmond VA Kotei 2015
Top 8, Charlotte NC Kotei 2015

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Wed May 20, 2015 1:54 pm

Come to think of it, If I see Shimada T1 and this card....I could start the honor clock on T1. Would I spend a few fate cards to accelerate my VC 2 whole turns? Hell yes I would!

Hida Shirin
Gunso

Postby Hida Shirin » Wed May 20, 2015 4:23 pm

Looks abusive, even scouts can use this...

Asahina Dreamspoiler
Daimyo

Postby Asahina Dreamspoiler » Wed May 20, 2015 8:05 pm

I am going to have to test this, but with Path of Wisdom, what exactly is the drawback?
*I was Tonbo Kitai at Winter Court III*

Hida Shirin
Gunso

Postby Hida Shirin » Wed May 20, 2015 9:13 pm

Return to “Thunderous Acclaim”