[S:CW] Doji Hoturi, Seven Thunder • Experienced 2CW

MirumotoDaisuke
Shireikan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[S:CW] Doji Hoturi, Seven Thunder • Experienced 2CW

Postby MirumotoDaisuke » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:31 pm

5F 6C
10HR/15GC/4PH

Clan Champion • Duelist • Experienced 2CW • Loyal • Samurai • Unique

Cannot gain Corruption tokens or Shadowlands. Favor actions may not target Hoturi. Add Hoturi's PH to the FV of his first focused card per duel. After Hoturi is destroyed, gain Honor equal to his Personal Honor.

Iaijutsu Battle: Hoturi challenges a target enemy Personality. Destroy the loser. If the loser did not focus from his or her hand, the winner draws a card.

"For she who holds my heart."
Dragon Clan • Artisan • Friend to the Crane • Samurai • Conqueror • Duelist • Kensai

Doji Honshingen
Chui
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [S:CW] Doji Hoturi, Seven Thunder • Experienced 2CW

Postby Doji Honshingen » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:22 am

Great card, but I am sceptical if the thunders are not oo good, overall...
Soul of Doji Honshi

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:44 am

I think he can find a place in decks pretty reliably :D

And when I say deck, I mean any deck. 5F and a kill is serious. And with 6C and the ability to add his PH to the FV of the first card he focuses mean he can relaibly duel even in a deck with poor FVs. As long as he is at least even with his target he just needs focus once then strike on the next opportunity and he will win by math!
If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

Daidoji Reiji
Chui

Postby Daidoji Reiji » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:05 am

Phoenix will love him if they can get Yokuni out first reliably somehow, then Oath Hoturi

Edit: Ex that. Hughes pointed out to me that Yokuni's trait work in and out of play. He will be great for many honor decks

Edit 2: Found where Shiro asked about this on AEG forum. Nevermind! http://www.alderac.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 9&t=114336
Crane Clan · Samurai · Yojimbo · Tactician

I was Ikoma Shinju at WC3, Daidoji Reiji at WC4
Top 8, Richmond VA Kotei 2015
Top 8, Charlotte NC Kotei 2015

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:26 am

Another looked over aspect of Hoturi is that he is immune to Favor actions. No Imperial Summons to keep you from attacking into a dishonor deck.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Togashi Hotaru
Hohei

Postby Togashi Hotaru » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:07 am

Forgive what may seem like a silly question, but Hoturi and Makoto, both being clan champions, can not be in play together simultaneously under the same player's control? Can they even be included together in the same deck?

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:09 am

I am not aware of any rule prohibiting you from having multiple Clan Champions in play or in your deck.
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:36 am

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

MirumotoDaisuke
Shireikan

Postby MirumotoDaisuke » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:17 am

Clan Champion is a keyword with no mechanical impact on its own. Unlike Duelist, Experienced, Unique, or Loyal (all on Hoturi). Boldfaced keywords have rules meaning.
Dragon Clan • Artisan • Friend to the Crane • Samurai • Conqueror • Duelist • Kensai

Togashi Hotaru
Hohei

Postby Togashi Hotaru » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:41 pm

Wonderful :-). How do people feel about how Crane dueling is shaping up so far this arc? Hoturi, Makoto, and the brothers (safe to assume Daitsu will be getting an exp version?) just to get things rolling. They have strong battle actions between them all to boot!

Return to “Siege: Clan War”