2015 Fall Kotei Season: The Embrace of Oblivion

Hendrick
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

2015 Fall Kotei Season: The Embrace of Oblivion

Postby Hendrick » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:47 pm

All right, so the 2015 kotei season has just been announced. http://www.l5r.com/2015/07/13/2015-fall ... -oblivion/

The object is to save characters instead of icons. http://www.l5r.com/embrace-of-oblivion

Who do you think we should save?

My top Ten:

1. Kakita Hideo (The best Crane)
2. Asahina Sekawa (for story reasons)
3. Shibatsu (The Heir we all know we should have had all along. I'm not bitter)
4. Kakita Mitohime (Finally getting more story)
5. Doji Dainagon (I love my high placed Crane courtiers)
6. Daidoji Ryushi (Character of a former mod and current rules team member Ben Higgins)
7. Thunder Dragon (Because we've already let one dragon get tainted, lets not lose a second)
8. Asahina Sakiko (Keeper of Thunder, I want to see more done with this character.)
9. Doji Makoto (Just in case)
10. Daidoji Tanshi (because he is killing a oni on his card, and I have a feeling that will be useful in the future.)

Daidoji Reiji
Chui
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 2015 Fall Kotei Season: The Embrace of Oblivion

Postby Daidoji Reiji » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:03 pm

The darkest feeling in my gut tells me my wife is gonna be killed by the Scorpion.
Crane Clan · Samurai · Yojimbo · Tactician

I was Ikoma Shinju at WC3, Daidoji Reiji at WC4
Top 8, Richmond VA Kotei 2015
Top 8, Charlotte NC Kotei 2015

SpookyElectric
Nikutai

Postby SpookyElectric » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:51 pm

Former Story Team - Doji Tanitsu WC '07 - Doji Rinji WC '09 - GM Tenjin WC '12 & '14 - Sparrow Clan Advocate

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:57 pm

Once we get Dainagon and Mitohime, I'm good.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Kakita Ijiwaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Ijiwaru » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:00 pm

My interest is in saving our Kenshinzen! Long live Mitohime!

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:31 pm

My top 3?
1. Shibatsu
2. Demiyah
3. Terumoto

Imagine a world where the Crane saved the Emperors brother and the heads of the Otomo? Might be worth a favor or two....
If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:52 pm

The images on that page aren't showing up for me. Could some kind person not similarly afflicted list the names for the various Clans for me, so I know who's in the firing line? Thank you :)

Also - don't save the Otomo bosses. Kill them. Kill them dead (Demiyah first, she's the one holding it together in Terumoto's absence). The family will eat itself alive.
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Ultimatecalibur
Gunso

Postby Ultimatecalibur » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:57 am

Last edited by Ultimatecalibur on Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:28 am

Thank you, kind sir or madam :)

So! From that list - I pretty much agree that Dainagon and Mitohime are the standout picks. Dainagon is the only one with actual serious story time that I know of, with Mitohime in second place and also being cool as our new kenshinzen and stuff. The others are just sort of... there.

For the others - I like the idea of saving Matsu Chizuki (and I would be honestly surprised to see the Scorpion go after her before they go after the Abbot, given the anti-Kolat fixation that seems to be prevalent). Saving Shibatsu would be cool. Kill the chief Otomo, like I said - Demiyah first, then Terumoto. The others, I am fairly indifferent to... seeing Shinjo Min-Hee saved could be nice (keep that Min-Hee x Shunya OTP going!), and after WC, I'd take some satisfaction in seeing Kitaiko die.
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Togashi Jo
Gunso

Postby Togashi Jo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:07 am

I'm on the list. :(
Here are my cards: ,

Return to “Fall 2015 Kotei”