Killington, VT, Fall 2015

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Killington, VT, Fall 2015

Postby Kakita Shiro » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:37 am

http://www.alderac.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 8#p1490194

I took Jim Balthis' and Donnie's deck (with a few minor tweaks) to a Top 4 finish.
Changes were:
-1 Alliance
-3 Akenohoshi, the Dancer
+1 The Hooded Ronin, Descendant of Shinsei Experienced 2
+ 3 Suzune, the Coy

-1 In Stillness, Forge The Soul
+1 Rewards of Experience

0-0 Round 1 - Gary Farr (LN/Sejuro)
Gets some 4C Duelists out fast and is able to duel me. And then he arms them.

0-1 Round 2 - Benoit T. (LN/Sejuro)
A more swarm-y version of the Lion dueling deck. A lack of natively-4C Duelists hurts him when I put a Naginata on Nozomi.

1-1 Round 3 - (sorry mate, I forgot your name again) (CN/Hakuseki)
He gets out to a strong start, getting to the mid-20s before I can mount an attack that I immediately bounce from. I resolve The New Order and my 2nd attack features The Price of Shame/Not The End killing a Masachika and then Shaming a Norime before the battle resolved. He is basically out of gas and scoops.

2-1 Round 4 - Devin Bell (UN)
I take a province with a stacked Tametaka, but am unable to Conquer or straighten anyone useful for defense and I get slammed for 3 free Provinces. I take one back because he didn't get a defender of note, but I am able to straighten Tametaka with a Geisha. He goes all in for my last Province with three Personalities, two with Bo of Ritual Blessings. I can Rewards the first guy with the Bo, but he fails to use his other Bo and goes for a force poke instead; I play CBQ in response and Rewards the other Bo guy. His third guy has no actions of note and he scoops.

I'm in the cut!

Top 4, vs. Mark Armitage (SP/Yajinden)
Simply outplayed for most of the match. His version of the story is and is highly accurate, though I would point out that I did not draw a single weapon the entirety of Game 3.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Killington, VT, Fall 2015

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:47 am

Thank you for this report, Shiro-sama. :bow:
Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

Return to “Fall 2015 Kotei”