The Greatest Great Clan
Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Artisan Academy (Crane Holding)

Postby Kakita Shiro » Tue May 23, 2017 7:43 am

+1 Province Strength
Academy.

Action:
During the conflict phase - reveal the top card of your conflict deck. Until the end of the phase, you may play that card as if it were in your hand.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Doji Makoto
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Artisan Academy (Crane Holding)

Postby Doji Makoto » Tue May 23, 2017 8:08 am

This day just keeps getting better and better!
"I am sure this will be a most interesting year."

Kakita Michito
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kakita Michito » Tue May 23, 2017 8:24 am

Indeed, it's like a birthday before christmas when we get the big crane reveal.

The Phoenix draw a card holding is a bit stronger though imho.

Doji Makoto
Taisa

Postby Doji Makoto » Tue May 23, 2017 8:33 am

Ability is stronger, but it could have +0 province strength.
"I am sure this will be a most interesting year."

magikot
Hohei

Postby magikot » Tue May 23, 2017 8:38 am

I think it's about equal given what we've seen so far from the previews. Phoenix draws a card, but that card can get discarded from ring of earth and spies at court. We've not seen anything that interacts with your opponent's conflict deck yet, so you're revealing a card, possibly causing your opponent to play around it in a suboptimal way, but that card will be a constant threat the remainder of the phase. I'll gladly reveal a noble sacrifice or admit defeat if it means I'm forcing my opponent to over commit to conflicts.

Daidoji Reiji
Chui

Postby Daidoji Reiji » Tue May 23, 2017 8:39 am

Will be good for honor decks that do not want to rely on using their win condition resource to help them keep a decently sized hand
Crane Clan · Samurai · Yojimbo · Tactician

I was Ikoma Shinju at WC3, Daidoji Reiji at WC4
Top 8, Richmond VA Kotei 2015
Top 8, Charlotte NC Kotei 2015

Daidoji Fitsu
Nikutai

Postby Daidoji Fitsu » Tue May 23, 2017 8:10 pm

I have questions.

1. Does the card then get discarded or can you later and draw it and use it?

2. If it is discarded then does it have to still be on the top of your deck to be used? As in...if it's shuffled back in by a later effect can I still use it and then have to look through my deck in order to discard it.

3. If not discarded then can I draw this card use it as if from my hand and then again from my actual hand?

4. Is all this moot because the card doesn't go back to being face down and just hangs out in some sort of Revealed But Not In Play state until you use it?

5. If that's the case then what happens if you don't use it by the end of the phase. Does it go to your discard, the top of your deck, or get shuffled in?

Daidoji Fitsu
Nikutai

Postby Daidoji Fitsu » Tue May 23, 2017 8:12 pm

My instinct is that it hangs out face up and gets discarded when used or at end of phase if unused. It can't be drawn from this state or shuffled in because it's no longer in your deck. The problem is I don't see any indication of that being how it should be handled.

Corbeau
Nikutai

Postby Corbeau » Wed May 24, 2017 11:07 am

I like this holding, and I'm very happy that the Artisan theme is in from the start. It got sidelined far too much in the past. Same goes for the Asahina in general - Crane Shugenja have been at the back of the bus for a long, long time.

Coyote Walks
Hohei

Postby Coyote Walks » Wed May 24, 2017 11:45 am

Return to “Crane Clan”