Menacing Iron Warrior

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kakita Toroda
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Menacing Iron Warrior

Postby Kakita Toroda » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:36 am

So what’s your opinion on him? This card is the one that has me the most conflicted. I want to like it, but....

At first i was convinced that it’s a very good card:
Its stats are solid - it gives us much needed military punch.
2 Glory enables favour snipes
The Action is a solid control peace that can be really good against some cards .

Now that i have tested it i have some problems:
Its expensive - you never want to just play him, u always want to load him up with fate - that disables the favoursnipe in most cases, because u will not have that amount of fate after the conflict phase. It is more like an displaced dynastiecard - i would have liked him much better out of dynasty.

It’s in direct competition with the much more reliable political rival for the conflict peep slot

Its action is just an action - it’s not an always on effect or a (Limited 2), it is just one conflict that u can blank. Using the action costs tempo which forbids dropping him into the conflict and if u preplay him the opponent can play around him.

It’s very easy to play around the action because it always checks against the mil stat. It forces the opponent to play force buffs me might not have played otherwise, but really juicy abilities like Lion Prides Brawler, Ujijaki, Niten master etc will be out of reach most times. The best results i had with it were against crane and scorpion, blanking challenger, Yoshi, plagiarist or miyako. But i do not play with attachments - he may be more reliable in a Deck with lot of forcebuffs. Peeps with good actions in pol. conflict like the kitsuki investigator are out of reach as well.

What to do with him?
Atm i do play him as 1-of in my deck.

:bow: Kakita Toroda

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Re: Menacing Iron Warrior

Postby Kakita Shiro » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:03 am

Probably don't play him at all.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Return to “Decks and Strategies”