splahes

Matrim
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: splahes

Postby Matrim » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:18 am

Thanks for that 'extra' confirmation that I will post over in ffg. Reiga is frequent over there as well so perhaps he could confirm..

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:36 am

I will say that the judges are not all qualified or 100% perfect at all times. My friend was hurt by an improper judge ruling (though in fairness to the judge, my friend also failed to challenge it). I would not expect FFG's volunteer judges to have caught something like that after the second 11 hour tournament they had to judge in two days.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Doji Makoto
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doji Makoto » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:55 am

That's true. Even Reiga lost one game because the judge made a mistake while counting honor.
"I am sure this will be a most interesting year."

Dare
Daimyo

Postby Dare » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:42 pm

Matrim
Nikutai

Postby Matrim » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:14 am

Thanks dare, I did not realise you could drop in action phases which does make a big difference.

Re- sleeved my crane proxy deck with my saori xp deck backers for dynasty , noritoshi for fate and signed argyle doji for the stronghold and they look good

Katsutoshi
Hohei

Postby Katsutoshi » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:26 am

First thing you should think about, for your deck, is to keep your dynasty gold curve low.

That means, you won't have 6x 4-fate characters in your deck, that's too slow. Right now, the Asahina Storyteller gives you no edge at all, and the Guest of Honor is a beast that wins game. So the choice is pretty simple : 3xGuest of Honor.

From our three 3-fate characters, there are debates on who is the best, and it really depends on your playstyle. But just play 2 of those.

Then play as many 1- and 2-fate characters as you can. I personnally don't play Cautious Scout right now, but all the others ? PLAY THEM ALL.

Now you're in a good place to build a very solid conflict deck with plenty of 1 fate-events and attachments. ;)

Dare
Daimyo

Postby Dare » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:36 am

Katsutoshi
Hohei

Postby Katsutoshi » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:31 am

The people I speak to, deckbuild with, and play against, are very good players (they travel to compete, they win koteis, there is a L5R world champion...). And they don't play Cautious Scout.

It's not the first time people from different places have very different opinions on decks and cards. It's different metas, the game may have different speed levels where I play from where you play, etc. So I won't say Cautious Scout is bad, but that I consider him not to fit at all in the decks right now, and it's just an opinion not the truth.

MirumotoDaisuke
Shireikan

Postby MirumotoDaisuke » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:55 am

I would trust Dare here, since he's probably had more experience than your friends. (Search the Learn to Play or RRG for "Darren Hazelden").

Cautious Scout is really nice since a lot of provinces only have effects when they flip up, which he would negate. Even if you lose the conflict, you gained information and nullified a "When Revealed" effect that your opponent was probably counting on to help him defend.
Dragon Clan • Artisan • Friend to the Crane • Samurai • Conqueror • Duelist • Kensai

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:50 pm

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Return to “Decks and Strategies”