Page 1 of 1
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:04 pm
Hey Folks, i am just grinding my deck for the Paris Kotai in march. Naturaly i follow the scene and the other sucessfull crane decks and i have a question:
Why do you play charge (if u do)?
I do not play it, but i see it in all or a lot of the other crane decks.
In my experience charge is a mostly dead card. We have only a few good mil. personalities. That leads to the impression that all to often there are no good peeps in the provinces. Charging in our big guys isn't very impactfull in most cases since they have only 3/2 mil Strength and "special" conditions to use their action at all. Additionaly i have kind of a mindblock to use a bigguy just for his 2/3 strength and seeing him go at the end of the round after only one conflict.
Please help me understand how u use Charge!
Greetings and happy gaming
Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:45 am
There are some interesting things you can do with charge in Crane (well its not all exclusive to crane). Charge was designed to be a one off cost of 1 fate to be able to use that guy for a turn, unfortunatley it combos too well (imo) with cards that add fate or help the now 1 cost guy stick around!
For Crane, when I have used it in the following ways:
- Our best Military guys attack alone, Cautious Scout for example. He can be used to scout that province, negating the reveal effects then use to bring in more force to help take. This is probably the basic way which you are looking at using it.
- If you still have Yoshi in your provinces and hold the favour, charging him in for 1 fate to draw 3 cards is not a bad option.
- You can charge in the big political guys and move them home, typically the holding or themselves (Doji Representative). Then use that person in a political conflict! Also Outwit/Rout can be used on your own guys too. Kazen's duel can be a self effect from battle too!
- Charging in a guest of honor to negate events, especially on the defence against someone looking to For Greater Glory, is nice.
- Ring of water can always straighten a guy charged in to then use later on as well.
There are plenty of ways that Crane can use charge creatively. I keep putting it in and out of my decks. If you are military focused consider 2 copies in deck, and 1 of tech card for a more political build. WIth our card draw, like test of skill or perfect gift, you can dig for that 1 of when you need it and ditch it when you do not
Happy play testing!
Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:04 am
Also, if you splash Crab you can use Reprieve to keep the character around for another turn and use them more advantageously (such as Charge!-ing Hotaru into a conflict).
Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:12 am
Thank you, i experiment at the moment with crab and scorpionsplash - still unsure wich one to take to beat the meta. I think I will test charge! in the crabsplash deck, but I am not yet convinced it does enough to deserve the spot.
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:34 am
I actually use it sometimes to charge in Guest of honour to lock down events, or even Yoshi to trigger his ability for card draw.
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:45 pm
Well, i have tested it and i think it does make the cut.
I will take 2 with me to the Paris Kotai, esp. charging guest hast been pretty nice. Thanks for the advice.