Doji Hotaru (Crane Character)

The Greatest Great Clan
Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Re: Doji Hotaru (Crane Character)

Postby Kakita Shiro » Fri May 26, 2017 2:43 pm

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Drudenfusz
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Drudenfusz » Fri May 26, 2017 6:39 pm

Artisan. Courtier. Duelist.

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Fri May 26, 2017 6:42 pm

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Daidoji Fitsu
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Daidoji Fitsu » Sun May 28, 2017 6:10 am

Well she's already had more story time than Makoto ever had so that's pretty cool. I like that she's a character with room to grow.

Dare
Daimyo

Postby Dare » Tue May 30, 2017 7:47 am

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Tue May 30, 2017 9:11 am

If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

Himoto
Gunso

Postby Himoto » Tue May 30, 2017 9:40 am

Even more likely: it was changed to match the founding Kami. Lady Doji, Lady Shinjo, so Unicorn and Crane got swapped. Probably not an accident that we reset to a time when a (male) Akodo was still the Lion champion, rather than the original L5R starting point (female Matsu in charge).

Though I get it's hard not to think of the "girly Crane" commentary when facing Hotaru. It's one of the major reason making my reaction to Hotaru decidedly mixed, along with the fact that I liked Hoturi. On the flip side, being transgendered, it's hard for me not to identify with a gender-bent character like Hotaru on a deep degree, especially given how rare *actual* transgendered characters, let alone good ones, are in fiction.

Kakita Ijiwaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Ijiwaru » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:21 am

Whoa first post in 2 years? Really excite about this champ!

TheItsyBitsySpider
Hohei

Postby TheItsyBitsySpider » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:30 am

Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider Clan

Masashigi
Chui

Postby Masashigi » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:34 pm

Our Champion, good stat line, high glory, an ability nerfed by poor wording and rulings. A lot of crane still use her post CoTE, she likely sees less play after the Crane Pack and Uji enters decks, hopefully we see a new version of her soon that sees her return to lead crane decks to victory. I do see more use for her if you run Seal of the Crane and Policy Debate as your Restricted Card, even in a bid 5 meta she can do some serious damage to your opponents hand. Double Void and Fire is still great.

Return to “Crane Clan”