Doji Hotaru (Crane Character)

Postby Kakita Shiro » Wed May 24, 2017 8:25 am

5 Fate
3 [Military]
6 [Political]
3 Glory
Bushi. Champion.

Reaction:
After you claim a ring during a [Political] conflict in which this character is participating - resolve that ring's effect.

"Were it not for the rule of kō, we would be trapped in this game for eternity. We are nearly perfectly matched."
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

MirumotoDaisuke
Shireikan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Doji Hotaru (Crane Character)

Postby MirumotoDaisuke » Wed May 24, 2017 8:45 am

I find it a little odd that the Crane Champion would have a printed ability manipulating Rings, but whatever.

Seems like a strong investment.
Dragon Clan • Artisan • Friend to the Crane • Samurai • Conqueror • Duelist • Kensai

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Wed May 24, 2017 8:46 am

Doji Makoto
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doji Makoto » Wed May 24, 2017 8:54 am

The only gripe I have with her is that she is neither Courtier nor Duelist. Otherwise, she's a beast!
"I am sure this will be a most interesting year."

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Wed May 24, 2017 8:55 am

Kakita Michito
Nikutai

Postby Kakita Michito » Wed May 24, 2017 8:55 am

honestly I can understand the courtier part, the duelist though is a bit strange.

Doji Makoto
Taisa

Postby Doji Makoto » Wed May 24, 2017 8:59 am

I noticed that not much cards (that we know of) require you to have Courtier, so it is not as important as it was.
That she is a student of Toshimoko but isn't a duelist is weird, but as somebody pointed out, neither was the first Hoturi.

Tetsuro
Gunso

Postby Tetsuro » Wed May 24, 2017 9:42 am

She's a "tell-er", not a "show-er"!
Jeremy Sumerlin
L5R CCG Design Team, 2012-2015

Doji Chord
Gunso

Postby Doji Chord » Wed May 24, 2017 10:26 am

I have strong desire to get alternate art promo called Doji Hoturi for her.

I can't stand that gender-bender.

Mechanically I find it hard to believe such expensive characters could be useful in game as presented. It would be the best to keep them for more than one turn and this requires very careful playing around nasty claflict deck removal and rulebook removal known as RoV.

Still she can be quickly farmed to 3 honor which is nice.

Doji Makoto
Taisa

Postby Doji Makoto » Wed May 24, 2017 10:28 am

You get only 1 honor for character leaving play (if that's what you meant by "farming").

Return to “Crane Clan”