Doji Gift Giver (Crane Character)

Postby Kakita Shiro » Mon May 22, 2017 2:56 pm

2 Fate
0 [Military]
2 [Political]
1 Glory
Courtier.

Action:
While this character is participating in a conflict, give your opponent 1 fate. That opponent must choose a ready participating character he or she controls - bow that character.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

SakeHouseBrawl
Hohei
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Doji Gift Giver (Crane Character)

Postby SakeHouseBrawl » Mon May 22, 2017 3:11 pm

Tried to post this here just before I put it up on our facebook page out of respect, but had to wait for user activation! Sorry guys! :bow:

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Mon May 22, 2017 3:14 pm

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

SakeHouseBrawl
Hohei
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SakeHouseBrawl » Mon May 22, 2017 3:16 pm

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Mon May 22, 2017 3:36 pm

I don't like this. Pay my opponent AND they get to choose who to bow? For 2 fate?

We'll see. This card is REALLY expensive, maybe it's actually powerful (can we anticipate only 2-3 people per side in every battle?)
If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

Daidoji Fitsu
Nikutai

Postby Daidoji Fitsu » Mon May 22, 2017 4:25 pm

My first impression of this card was that it's awful. My second was that it's worse than that. Bad stats. High cost. Bad ability.

The only way it makes sense is if bowing is prolific and readying isn't. It can't be used with Admit defeat and our stronghold hits people in political battles who are bad at politics.

I really want to see where they're going with design but with what we've seen this card is the worst 2 cost thing we've seen with an ability you'd rarely ever want to pay for.

Like I said on Facebook: fate is valuable. Actions that cost fate should be strong. Actions that trade it should be stronger.

Enlightened Courtier
Nikutai

Postby Enlightened Courtier » Mon May 22, 2017 11:11 pm

This card is actually very good on defense, just by existing. The opponent has to over-assign when attacking, and when it's your turn to attack, send the doji gift givers to make them regret overassigning.

Doji Makoto
Taisa

Postby Doji Makoto » Mon May 22, 2017 11:29 pm

People at Discord were mostly happy about her but I share concerns with you guys.

She is really expensive. Giving 1 fate to your opponent could prove fatal.

One argument is true - it is unconditional bow. But then again - you are not the one choosing whom to bow.

Maybe she could be used on offense - send her alone to military attack and your opponent must commit 2 guys to defense or he will lose thus giving you the ring benefit.
"I am sure this will be a most interesting year."

Daidoji Fitsu
Nikutai

Postby Daidoji Fitsu » Tue May 23, 2017 2:50 am

If you gave me a card that said bow my worst guy to steal 1 fate I'd play it 3x in every deck. Instead we overpay for a character to do it for them while also giving up tempo.

You can compare with the Lion courtier who, for the same cost, has a bow ability that can hit people at home and is targeted with a pretty wide availability and comes with 3 higher military. Oh, and doesn't give the opponent Fate.

Kakita Michito
Nikutai

Postby Kakita Michito » Tue May 23, 2017 3:43 am

Return to “Crane Clan”