Isawa Tadaka (Phoenix Character)

Primarily focusing on the Phoenix Clan, Disciples of the Void features a different spell for every element, a bevy of Shugenja with powerful effects, a new role card, the highest costed character in the game, and much more.
Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Isawa Tadaka (Phoenix Character)

Postby Kakita Shiro » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:16 am

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate.

CCG Trades

Kakita Toroda
Nikutai

Re: Isawa Tadaka (Phoenix Character)

Postby Kakita Toroda » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:14 pm

I cannot find any official ruling about him, i know how jigoku handles him but his text still leaves me confused.
"Each opponent" - is the controlling player an opponent or is it just refering to a hypothetical 3+ player game?
My first read was that he forbids playing events out of the discard pile not playing events, that have copies in the discardpile - i do not want to be contrary, i am pretty sure that that was not the intended way for the card to work but is there any official clarification? English isn't my nativ language, in case that i am just reading this wrong, please enlighten me.
:bow: Kakita Toroda

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Re: Isawa Tadaka (Phoenix Character)

Postby Kakita Shiro » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:01 am

Kakita Toroda wrote:I cannot find any official ruling about him, i know how jigoku handles him but his text still leaves me confused.
"Each opponent" - is the controlling player an opponent or is it just refering to a hypothetical 3+ player game?

Yes.

Kakita Toroda wrote:My first read was that he forbids playing events out of the discard pile not playing events, that have copies in the discardpile - i do not want to be contrary, i am pretty sure that that was not the intended way for the card to work but is there any official clarification?

Events that have copies in the discard pile. If you're playing with Kyuden Isawa and you have a Supernatural Storm in your discard and one in your hand, you have to remove the one in the discard to use the one in your hand.

Kakita Toroda wrote:English isn't my nativ language, in case that i am just reading this wrong, please enlighten me.
:bow: Kakita Toroda

:bow:
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate.

CCG Trades

Return to “Disciples of the Void”