[TF] The Esteemed Palace of the Crane (Stronghold)

46%
39%
15%
No votes

Total votes: 46

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [TF] The Esteemed Palace of the Crane (Stronghold)

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:54 pm

Hmmmm.

IDK. I was very happy with this at first, but I've been thinking.

1. In concept, I LOVE this stronghold. Bow for 2 Honor. That's all I really want from a stronghold, especially in an environment were Sensei are adding additional modifiers. No longer being dependent on Holding Honor (which I'm not a fan of) free's up Tadanobu Sensei for a more focused deck.

2. Functionally, this is a step down from our current one. We lose the option to get free money for attachments, and assuming honor would chain with Kabuki Troup most often we are now paying twice as much for 2 Honor.

Need to see more IV2 before I can make a decision.
If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

Asahina Lugumi
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Asahina Lugumi » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:35 am

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:33 pm

Soken does have a decent replacment coming. Decent in that even I think Soken is a bit too good. Hirota should be good depending on how good Port/Markets are
If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

Asahina Lugumi
Nikutai

Postby Asahina Lugumi » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:24 am

Shosuro JM
Hohei

Postby Shosuro JM » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:10 am

The new Crane stronghold was such a huge disappointment.

Bow SH to gain 2 honor. Too costly. That's 4g you could be using to buy a personality with. Also in Military I really don't see the "option for honoring out". really?

Considering you start your honor at 6. Lets say you proclaim 5 or 6 times in a typical game = 6 x 3 = 18 + 6 = 24.

I don't see an honor-out option in here unless you happen to steam roll during a battle (gain 1 honor per card?) or you start using your stronghold often.

I just don't see it, Harriers are not really that fond of having high PHs anyway.

Foxtrot Four
Nikutai

Postby Foxtrot Four » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:25 am

I don't like it.
however... I would LOVE to make Suikihime Sensei work
and 3G for 2 honor is WAY good. However, until they fix that pesky
"Can't proclaim Dragon when you have a Dragon" problem.
The deck is fun! I really like it, but running 8 one-of courtiers is FAR from consistent.
Being a Scrub, One Day at a Time
Top 4 Crane - Seattle Kotei 2014

Himoto
Gunso

Postby Himoto » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:52 pm

Asahina Shimato
Chui

Postby Asahina Shimato » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:11 pm

the statement that the Crane box should support a military victory should be interpreted in the spirit that Crane should have one competitive victory condition...

Himoto
Gunso

Postby Himoto » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:58 pm

Not a fan even there - I see it as a vicious cycle. Giving crane mil as a victory condition only make it even less likely DT will ever stop acting like honor doesn't matter. Honor does't work, so let's give crane mil, and if mil works, then there is no need to make honor work, so honor doesn''t work, so Crane gets more mil, so honor doesn't need to work, so...

Frankly, if its another mil or bust arc I'll do what I did with past mil or bust arcs: skip it. This game is worth when it is diverse.

Shosuro JM
Hohei

Postby Shosuro JM » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:19 pm

The Crane's +1H or +1G ability supports both honor and military
the previous crane SH that shoots to produces 2honor supports honor and military

There are many ways that PDT could have supported both honor and military but they had to pigeonhole Crane into an honor box.
Phoenix box supports honor and military.

Return to “Twenty Festivals”