Another Way - Proposals for Alternate Story Paths

Casual conversations about anything you want!

Choose your path!

Poll ended at Thu May 28, 2015 2:05 pm

Alliance With The Unicorn/Safehold
No votes
Endure the Occupation
6%
The Path of Compassion
3%
Walking The Earth
No votes
Guard The Way
No votes
We Can Rebuild
No votes
The Path of Creation
6%
Blossoms In The Wind
No votes
Honorable Hostages
6%
The Left Hand's Duty
79%

Total votes: 33

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Another Way - Proposals for Alternate Story Paths

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Mon May 11, 2015 3:38 am

Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Asahina Shimato
Chui
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Asahina Shimato » Mon May 11, 2015 3:52 am

Doji Satevis
Chui

Postby Doji Satevis » Mon May 11, 2015 4:02 am

Asahina Shimato
Chui

Postby Asahina Shimato » Mon May 11, 2015 5:01 am

For inspiration:
I see us in the role of Richard Attenborough's character in The Great Escape (1963). Any one man can escape a prison camp. It's an entirely ludicrous idea to try to escape with ALL men, but if anybody can devise the plan, organize it, and motivate the men, it's Squadron Leader Roger "Big X" Bartlett. And they do it with art and that touch of perfection that I think is very Crane.

Edit: By which I don't think that we should try to escape, but, you know, make things happen in general.

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Mon May 11, 2015 5:03 am

I think we are lacking a couple of info to make a reasonable choice. When I read the other Clans paths, I got the impression that Kanpeki (from the description made) would not control the entrie Rokugan territory but somehow challenge the Iweko's dynasty by invading militarily and probably subverting as well (they have ninjas too). Now you guys seem to imply that this would be just a repeatition of the KYD setting where everything has fallen under Jigoku control. I don't think it's going to be that way, unless of course the Story Team tells us otherwise. There will be parts of Rokugan territory not under the control of Kanpeki. These will have to be where the true Emperor or his heir are staying. An heir, if I understood well today's fiction, that we will have help train... These are the parts where we must maintain Rokugani laws, traditions, organisation and culture. That's where our path lies, not in the colonies, nor in bowing to the usurper and playing double agents (which we are notoriously not good at and should be a Scorpion thing anyway). I know, the temptation is to bow to the enemy under pretense of playing the long term. But that's never going to work. Especially not against people who have supernatural ways to see through lies and deception...
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

Asahina Shimato
Chui

Postby Asahina Shimato » Mon May 11, 2015 6:17 am

We don't have an heir yet, because Seiken is not even married and he definitely didn't sire an heir. Do we know the Iweko dynasty survives before Natsuyo's vague plans come to fruition? We don't. In fact, it's a bit doubtful given what we've learned, even though Natsuyo has no way of knowing this - all those paths calling Kanpeki "the Emperor"?

Also, I highly disagree with your assessment that "we're bad at this" and "it should be a scorpion thing". Why don't you just hand over the courts to them entirely, with that defeatist attitude? "Supernatural ways to see through lies and deception"? So why do the Scorpion stand a chance then?

I understand that you don't like the path I'm suggesting because it isn't squeaky clean. I just wanted to bring something to the table that's heroic in its own way and isn't just "Crane scouts try their best." And we're never going to get anything but if we cast our ability to succeed at the simplest of plots into question.

I like your alliance building approach by the way, but I'd like to do it behind Kanpeki's back and with an extra dose of risk. It seems more heroic that way, and it would give me a great amount of enjoyment if for once we could trick the Spider instead of the other way around.

As for leaving this to the Scorpion - they can Own the Shadows. I suggest we trick Kanpeki in broad daylight. We're the Faceman of Rokugan, and if we're bad at this, I don't know what we would be good at.

MirumotoDaisuke
Shireikan

Postby MirumotoDaisuke » Mon May 11, 2015 6:36 am

Dragon Clan • Artisan • Friend to the Crane • Samurai • Conqueror • Duelist • Kensai

Daramere
Awesome Guy

Postby Daramere » Mon May 11, 2015 7:08 am

Doji Satevis
Chui

Postby Doji Satevis » Mon May 11, 2015 7:14 am

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Mon May 11, 2015 7:16 am

Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

Return to “General Discussion”