[20F] Test of Sincerity (Strategy)

User avatar
Kakita Shiro
Daimyo
Posts: 2074
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:22 am
Contact:

[20F] Test of Sincerity (Strategy)

Postby Kakita Shiro » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:42 pm

Test of Sincerity

Political Open:
Target another player's Human Personality. His controller may have him commit seppuku (rehonor, then destroy him). If he chose this, he gains 4 Honor. If he did not choose this, dishonor the Personality, and his controller loses 2 Honor.

There is an ancient story of the Scorpion, when one commanded his yojimbo to kill him to show the clan's sincerity. The yojimbo did so without hesitation, then took his own life.

FV 3

Onyx/20F
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

CCG Trades

User avatar
Kakita Ijiwaru
Taisa
Posts: 332
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:53 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: [20F] Test of Sincerity (Strategy)

Postby Kakita Ijiwaru » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:37 pm

Seems like it will work for us.

Dare
Daimyo
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:54 am

Re: [20F] Test of Sincerity (Strategy)

Postby Dare » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:04 pm

The only deck we're likely to play this is that Magistrate deck. This is an awful card in dishonour.

In the Magistrate build... still not sure a fate card to dishonour 1 person will be worth it. We'll see.

User avatar
ObsidianCrane
Gunso
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:54 pm
Contact:

Re: [20F] Test of Sincerity (Strategy)

Postby ObsidianCrane » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:38 pm

They can dishonor, and open up all the stuff your deck can do to dishonored people, or they can die.

Last time this card was legal most people died.

Dare
Daimyo
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:54 am

Re: [20F] Test of Sincerity (Strategy)

Postby Dare » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:56 am

ObsidianCrane wrote:They can dishonor, and open up all the stuff your deck can do to dishonored people, or they can die.

Last time this card was legal most people died.


There were also a lot more power personalities that were worth giving them a gain of 4 honour compared to now.

kakita yuha
Gunso
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:36 pm

Re: [20F] Test of Sincerity (Strategy)

Postby kakita yuha » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:53 am

Seems just a perfect card for attacking Magistrates.

I'm either:

a) killing one of their blockers
b) dishonoring him, adding +1F per my personality if he decides to oppose me with that personality
c) forces dishonored personality to stay home, maybe even allowing unopposed province (and I still might harpoon that guy in to do some attrition).

Dare
Daimyo
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:54 am

Re: [20F] Test of Sincerity (Strategy)

Postby Dare » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:13 pm

kakita yuha wrote:Seems just a perfect card for attacking Magistrates.

I'm either:

a) killing one of their blockers
b) dishonoring him, adding +1F per my personality if he decides to oppose me with that personality
c) forces dishonored personality to stay home, maybe even allowing unopposed province (and I still might harpoon that guy in to do some attrition).



All of this assumes your opponent isn't smart and doesn't just pick whichever option is situationally best. The +1F trait isn't that big a deal unless we have enough printed 4F dudes (5 is the magic "avoid mechanics" number".

User avatar
Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:48 pm

Re: [20F] Test of Sincerity (Strategy)

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:11 pm

Dare wrote:
kakita yuha wrote:Seems just a perfect card for attacking Magistrates.

I'm either:

a) killing one of their blockers
b) dishonoring him, adding +1F per my personality if he decides to oppose me with that personality
c) forces dishonored personality to stay home, maybe even allowing unopposed province (and I still might harpoon that guy in to do some attrition).



All of this assumes your opponent isn't smart and doesn't just pick whichever option is situationally best. The +1F trait isn't that big a deal unless we have enough printed 4F dudes (5 is the magic "avoid mechanics" number".


Blanket +1F isn't good because it some cards have rabged 4? Sound like pretty narrow thinking.

Also need to consider that Etsuki, Norime, Senkiku, and Ujirou need people to be dishonored, as well as Public Arrest and whatever else got released today.
If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

kakita yuha
Gunso
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:36 pm

Re: [20F] Test of Sincerity (Strategy)

Postby kakita yuha » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:48 am

Dare wrote:
All of this assumes your opponent isn't smart and doesn't just pick whichever option is situationally best. The +1F trait isn't that big a deal unless we have enough printed 4F dudes (5 is the magic "avoid mechanics" number".


Well I guess the scenario b) is most likely, but players make mistakes.

I agree +1F isnt that big of an advantage, but it does improve our gold/force ratios closer to par with other clans. Also like Onimaru-san says it allows us to abuse them with other cards (occasionally forcing those mistakes).


Return to “Twenty Festivals”