Home of the Crane Clan Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official Errata: Akagi Sensei will no longer provides +1 province strength and its ability only targets scouts.

Poll

What do you think?

Great
- 2 (33.3%)
Good
- 1 (16.7%)
Average
- 2 (33.3%)
Not for me
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: [AM] Hitomi's Devotion (Spell)  (Read 268 times)

Kakita Shiro

• Crane Clan • Artisan • Magistrate • Samurai • Duelist • Experienced • Loyal • Unique
  • Forum Administrator
  • Taishin Hatamoto
  • Personal Honor: 0
    • View Profile
[AM] Hitomi's Devotion (Spell)
« on: October 17, 2013, 07:20:01 AM »

Hitomi's Devotion
2GC
Earth

Battle resolution will not destroy cards in this unit while defending, and if this Shugenja is Earth, while attacking.

"The spirit of our late lady is with you," the Tamori whispered. "Her will, her strength, can be yours as well. You must simply accept her gifts."

IvE/EE

FV 3

Source: The Dragon Clan

Kakita Onimaru

• Military Duelist • Crane Clan GenCon Ambassador
  • Hatamoto
  • Personal Honor: 16
  • One Perfect Moment
    • View Profile
Re: [AM] Hitomi's Devotion (Spell)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 10:53:30 AM »

I was liking this card, but the more I think about it it's really a "win more" card, which isn't good.

If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
Ive got 99 problems but a duel aint one!

Asahina Yoshi

• Taisa
  • Personal Honor: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 11:19:36 AM »

I think it's good for enlightenment or any defensive shugenja theme, not sure about military decks.

Kakita Zekkouken

• PbP
  • Rikugonshokan
  • Personal Honor: 11
  • Previews Gunso
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 11:21:36 AM »

I was liking this card, but the more I think about it it's really a "win more" card, which isn't good.

It is more a "lose less" than "win more." A failed defense or attack that goes to resolution does not destroy the unit meaning you have it for the next attack or defense.

Kakita Onimaru

• Military Duelist • Crane Clan GenCon Ambassador
  • Hatamoto
  • Personal Honor: 16
  • One Perfect Moment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 01:30:30 AM »

It is more a "lose less" than "win more." A failed defense or attack that goes to resolution does not destroy the unit meaning you have it for the next attack or defense.

Kinda the same thing. And what I mean by that is if I have the option to slot a card that will help me win or a card that will make me win more/lose less I'd rather take the card that would have helped me win. Besides, any personality useful enough to try to save with this card will probably have a huge target on it and end up getting killed during the battle anyways.

If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
Ive got 99 problems but a duel aint one!

Kakita Zekkouken

• PbP
  • Rikugonshokan
  • Personal Honor: 11
  • Previews Gunso
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 02:26:42 AM »

Kinda the same thing. And what I mean by that is if I have the option to slot a card that will help me win or a card that will make me win more/lose less I'd rather take the card that would have helped me win. Besides, any personality useful enough to try to save with this card will probably have a huge target on it and end up getting killed during the battle anyways.

It seems that non-RA/MA battle kill is going to be far rarer in IvE, non-Fear Bow is looking like it will be uncommon and expensive, and with all the Force change abilities being added Battle Resolution may be where most personalities end up dying.

Kakita Senka

• Gunso
  • Personal Honor: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 05:22:08 AM »

I'm with you 100% on this one it is a win more/lose less card and I really do not think it will be a good card. That being said it does have some potential if very specific shugenjas/spell got printed or if a very specific deck comes into existencen in IvE. Still I don't think it will happen.